Friday, July 17, 2009

Clocks are barely breathing

Just heard a delightful rumour that David Tennant is in contention to maybe, possibly play Bilbo in 'The Hobbit'. I don't even care whether he looks the part or is suitable or not - it's David Tennant. Just yes. Please. (There have also been whispers of Daniel Radcliff being in the running.) Rumours are circulating madly in the lead up to comic con since Peter Jackson is supposed to be making some announcement regarding it there (he's there to promote that extremely bizarre 'District 9' thing). Which is ironic, since the Whoniverse is out in force there this year too. One day I shall go to comic con. One day.

I wanted to include a pic of David from Harry Potter just to tie it all together, but Google Images is failing me. There aren't really any good ones. Possibly because he plays a deranged loon, but I did love him in that role (you may recall my imaginary conversation). Perfectly unhinged.

I also saw traces of fans wishing Tennant could play the Riddler in the next Batman movie. [Poster!] While it would be amazing for him to be part of the hugely popular franchise, 'The Dark Knight' was virtually carried by Heath Ledger. I doubt they'd gamble on someone who is essentially an unknown in a role that could make or break the film, especially since it'll be a good three years after the last one. Besides, I think Johnny Depp is pretty much a lock. If ever there was someone would could steal a movie, it's him. Plus he's now worked with Christian Bale.

The LA Times are also mentioning a Doctor Who feature film, but that's been going on for a while now. If they do make one, I request they don't let RTD anywhere near it. The man has gone completely mad with power, there's no telling what horrors he could inflict upon his audience.

But let me digress from what is clearly the rumours and speculation post. Have a random pic instead.

Photobucket

I'm fairly certain I have that exact same expression on my face as I type this.

Oh, before I forget, THIS is the TRUTH. Seriously. Happens to me all the time. I only found TV Tropes after googling alien whales last year (look, it made sense at the time) and I've already wasted an incalculable amount of time there. Procrastination is a random website's best friend.

Now, since I refuse to partake in anything that even remotely resembles real life and am therefore content to be completely boring, I'm going to have a nap.

Music: First train home - Imogen Heap
Mood: Bored
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment