Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Meme numero trois

Lots of pillows or just one? Oh lots. I have more pillows than one person could ever possibly need. I have the habit of burrowing under them in winter while I'm sleeping, so I wake up in the morning covered in pillows. Suspect I’m part wombat.

What kind of books do you read? I try to read as broadly as possible these days. Since I’ve been at uni, I’ve been trying to keep all my bases covered. Classic canon, mysteries, a bit of non-fiction. I tend to avoid the mainstream kind of bestsellers like Jodi Picoult and that, because that sort of style’s never really appealed to me. At the moment I’m going for the more independent, post-modern stuff just to keep me in the right headspace for my thesis. Well, that’s what I tell myself I’m doing – inbetween I’m still reading extremely questionable tie-in novels and things like The Dresden Files. So yes, a little bit of everything.

What are your most awesome skills? Uh. I’m good at research. I’m usually able to find anything online with relatively little effort. Writing too, of course. I’ve also proven remarkably good at talking my way out of anything, but I don’t know if that extends beyond the academic world or not.

What's your occupation? Student/Receptionist

What's really creepy? Spiders. Fast, big, ugly spiders that run off before I can kill them, like the one that just ran under my fridge and now I keep glancing at it. Also, my backyard is quite creepy at night. I know there’s nothing out there, but ugh. It makes funny noises and stuff… and there are more bugs out there.

What's your current fandom/obsession/addiction? I’m in the market for a new fandom actually *stares sullenly at TW DVDs* Well no, that’s a lie, I’m still skulking around the fandom but it more resembles scouring a plane wreck for survivors. I suppose the Whoniverse in general is my fandom of choice *grumbles about stupid timelords ruining my life*

What flavor ice cream would you choose right now? Mint choc chip.

What's your favorite physical feature (on yourself, not others)? On myself? You’re kidding. Uh. I like my eyes I suppose.

Regrets? Have you had a few? But then again too few to mention…ok I won’t type the whole song. Regrets. I don’t know. I suppose I regret times when I’ve held back, been too introverted and didn’t try to put myself out there. Generally I don’t regret anything major, maybe rue and lament, but not regret :P

What was the last thing you bought? My lace-up boots of awesome.

What do you do to relax? Read. Write. Play with the dog. Listen to music. Watch a movie I’ve seen a bazillion times before.

Do you get cravings? If so, what do you crave? Coffee, for which craving is a bit of an understatement. Chocolate.

What do you do to change your mood? Wait, it’s possible for me to change my mood? Huh. Generally if I’m attempting this, it’s by listening to music or reading. Just reading forever.

What is your zodiac sign? Sagittarius.

Do you want to learn another language? I would love to learn more langauges. I fully intend to take French at the end of the year, and maybe German next year.

Five things you can't live without: Books. Music. The internet. Coffee. Writing.

What's something you'd like to say to someone right now? “I told you that we should have bought more chocolate.” To my mother because we are already out of the damn stuff and it’s only Wednesday.

What are you looking forward to? Just hanging with my friends - birthday party Friday, hanging with Lizzie Wednesday, Torchwood/True Blood marathon, various plays and gigs on the cards. It’s looking good.

Say something to the person who tagged you: The person I got this from doesn't read this blog so it's irrelevant. I would however like to say something to myself - stop procrastinating!!!

Music: Topeka - Ludo
Mood: Sore
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment