Sunday, July 26, 2009

Holding dominion over the entire shallow, pointless conversation

I have spent the entire day in bed. I was going to go out but there were cars parked in the driveway and I didn't have the energy to argue with neighbours today, so I simply got back udner the covers. Frankly, it's too cold and wet out anyway. I cannot wait for this damnable season to be over. Maybe then I can return my skin to some passably human state. Maybe I should just wipe the entire winter from my memory. Someone pass the retcon!

Seriously though, really need to find a dress.

I have come to the conclusion that I love Twitter. How can I not? It’s the easiest way to be involved with absolutely anything that takes your fancy, anytime and anywhere. You are constantly in the know. Prime example, I’ve been following the Comic Con thread for the duration, and it’s the next best thing to being there. The photos, the gossip, the jokes, the trailers that are posted almost instantaneously on youtube (although I often wish there was a way to edit out the screeching that often accompanies these things.) It’s all there, in real time. That’s what sets Twitter apart from other services, it may be excruciatingly boring and seem totally pointless most of the time, but when something’s happening, you have immediate access to it regardless of where you are or who you are “friends” with. If you look at the way certain people use it, like Amanda Palmer for example, it has the potential to open so many doors. In general though, the internet has made the world a much smaller, much more accessible place and for someone like me, who just loves to know everything, it’s the most amazing thing. Social networking may seem like benevolent stalking and gross narcissism and/or megalomania, but it’s all in how you use it. The opportunities afforded by this medium are just staggering.

Three observations made from comic con videos:
- Johnny Depp continues to amaze me, he’s so unassuming. He gets so uncomfortable and I swear he still blushes. He’s not unappreciative of his fame; he just doesn’t get what the hell everyone is on about. I think it’s great.
- David Tennant is such an entertainer/loon. I mean that in the best, I-really-want to-kidnap-you, way.
- Noel Fielding is adorable. End of.

Now I have to leave my dominion of Dorkdom in order to be a geek in the living room. The final episode of Merlin is on tonight and I can finally watch the damn thing. I had words with the nutter who downloaded these for me and insisted there were only twelve episodes *rolls eyes*

Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will.

Yoda tried to warn me.

Music: The IT Crowd
Mood: Lazy
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. I want to see these videos. Have you got the linkage?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's nothing major but I shall email you the linkage I can remember

    ReplyDelete