Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Strength in my bones put the words in my head

My CoE dvd hasn’t arrived yet. Slightly worrying since tomorrow I’m heading over to Roze’s where the forces of Dorkdom are gathering to watch the horrifying events, followed by a Supernatural marathon. Damn BBC, perhaps they took my extreme emotional railings personally…which is good, cause I meant it, and I’m not taking it back! But I still want my dvd(s? I’m sure it fits on one).

Speaking of, the New York Times does not buy your push-button writing. This must be the only review of the thing I’ve seen that has actually tried to look at it objectively as part of a series. I know a lot of people don’t get it, but trust me when I say CoE torched the fandom. If there could be natural disasters on the internet, this would be what the aftermath looked like. It’s happened in ways I don’t think anyone could have predicted, I certainly couldn’t fathom it at first. It’s…a mess. On many different levels, which I never even considered. There are so many thoughts and reactions floating around out there (like this one), I think it would be a dream for some of my social science lecturers. I’ve tried to apply that sort of rationale to it myself, but I tend to veer off on random tangents. I guess I’m just too close to the subject matter and not well versed enough in some of the discourses being employed to feel like I’m able to do it justice. Still, eight thousand word essay there to be refined. If only I could care this much about something important…like my graded uni work.

As I so cleverly change the subject, I got my uni results back for Honours Writing Workshop today - HD average. I really don’t understand my university. Why do I only ever seem to do well when I’m not actually trying very hard? Perhaps it has something to do with not looking like you’re trying too hard. I mean, honestly, how can I get a high distinction for that Proust essay I spent the greater part of two months avoiding? I just don't know. I’m also slightly concerned about how little I care. I really need to start properly focusing on my thesis. I don’t really have much interest in my final mark, but I do want to pass. Failing would just be a waste of a year and besides, I’ve never failed anything. I’m not going to start now. But the motivation! I need to find it! Ugh.

Now, another playlist. This one’s called ‘Faithless’ and it’s one of my many ever-changing Jack-inspired playlists.
"Those who are faithful know only the pleasures of love: it is the faithless who know love's tragedies." - The Picture of Dorian Gray, Oscar Wilde
I concede that it’s a bit all over the place, but you can still download it here if you wish.

> Borne on the FM waves of the Heart – Against Me!
> Angels with enemies – Lovedrug
> Glycerine – Bush
> 96 Heartbeats – As Tall As Lions
> Breakin’ – The All American Rejects
> You wouldn’t like me – Tegan and Sara
> I am a heart Watson, the rest of me is mere appendix – Forgive Durden
> Say hello to angels – Interpol
> Eat, sleep, repeat – Copeland
> This mess we’re in – PJ Harvey and Thom Yorke
> Rusted Wheel – Silversun Pickups
> Tautou – Brand New
> Moon and moon – Bat For Lashes
> Have you got it in you? – Imogen Heap
> Slowing down (long time coming) – Anthony Green
> Aloc-acoC – Brand New
> Set fire to the third bar – Snow Patrol
> La Cienega just smiled – Ryan Adams
> Parable of the sower – Forgive Durden
> Dance on our graves – Paper Route
> Do you wanna – Joshua Radin

Oh, as for my opinion on the Eleven costume, the bow tie kind of hurts my soul a little, but I will no doubt get used to it. You can get used to anything I suppose. I'm going to miss Ten so much!

I'm home alone tonight and car-less. It's not like I wanted to go anywhere, but the mere thought of being unable to do so is not much fun. I'm too lazy to make dinner but I have to eat something before I can self-medicate the epic headache of doom. Sigh. Toast?

[Obligatory disclaimer: Please note all downloads are for promotional purposes only, and should be deleted after 24 hours.]

Music: I want to know your plans - Say Anything
Mood: Blank
Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. This proves once again that you are a natural and need to stop STRESSING! Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto Abbi. Btw, you rock my world. I totally coerced you into that one :P xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am easily coerced :) I quite enjoy doing them. As for uni, I thought the problem was I didn't stress *enough* Ah well, c'est la vie.

    ReplyDelete