Friday, July 10, 2009

The stream of a motion blur that swirls around until you drowm

I am having an excrutiating day. It's like there's a shadow hanging over me and I can't shake it. I'm so tense I feel about ready to snap. A ball of nerves coiled tight in my stomach, and a shaking disposition. I barely slept last night, an hour maybe two at most. Went to work feeling on edge, like something terrible was going to happen. So antsy, I took to cleaning in a manic OCD like fashion - cleaned the bathroom, the fridge, sterilised the toys, unpacked and re-ordered the cupboards. My mouth is so sore, I never want to swallow again - I had to dope myself up just to get through the morning. Two of our patients passed away and too many grumpy old men were being painful. I was teetering on the edge of breaking point. On the verge of tears every two seconds for no apparant reason, the thought of going home seemed near torture so I went to hang out with mum and her work friends on their lunch break, losing myself in mindless chatter, silly jokes, and the mundane task of shopping for cookware. It passed a good three hours but now I'm back home, and nervy again. Started cleaning my car and vacuuming the floors, will now wash the floors, clean the bathrooms, clean the kitchen, and whatever else I can think of...I don't know what it is, it's like I can't stop. I can control these little things, the cleaning and the organising, but once I stop I can't really control this feeling of nervous tension, and I can't just sit with it. I don't know what it is, or where it came from, but it's driving me mad. Ugh.

Care keeps his watch in every old man's eye
And where care lodges, sleep will never lie.
But where unbruised youth with unstuffed brain
Doth couch his limbs, there golden sleep doth reign.
Therefore they earliness doth assure me
Thou art uproused with some distemperature.
Or if not so, then here I hit it right -
Our Romeo hath not been in bed tonight.

Music: Common Reactor - Silversun Pickups
Mood: Wound tighter than a bow string
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment