Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Ghosts with just voices

I hang my coat up in the first bar
There is no peace that I've found so far
The laughter penetrates my silence
As drunken men find flaws in science

My heart just broke a little. Again. Ugh. It's like it's held together with superglue, but it's not really the right consistency, so it pulls apart at odd times, and you have to really press down on it, to get it to stick. If you've ever tried to glue something back together that was never really meant to be glued back together, you'll know what I mean. You just keep applying pressure and hope that it'll stick this time.

Today has been...odd. I'm not in the best of moods. I had every intention of spending the day in my pjs, and distracting my dad with movies so he'd just be quiet for three hours. We couldn't agree on anything - I wanted Batman, The Prestige or something sci fi. He wanted the likes of Bridget Jones's Diary. There's something wrong there, I know. It didn't matter in the end since I had to drive him to Cambelltown to drop off his helmet - the insurance want it with the bike, or something. Grumble. An hour's worth of driving later, I took him to lunch. Finally returning home, we receive a letter telling us that we need to vacate the property. Vacate. The. Property. By 20 August. After I've just painted this entire.bloody.house. I take it our landlord hasn't paid his mortgage so they're repossessing the house. Which is great, cept for the part were we have a 12 month lease and we just moved in. I...don't even want to touch this issue. I've done some research and they can't make us leave until they have gotten a court order and spoken with the estate agent (who knew nothing about this), so I've left it in her hands to sort out.

The last few months have really not been good. It makes me wonder what deity we pissed off. First, we were unexpectedly asked ot move out of the old place and the mad scramble to find somewhere to live (not easy in the current climate). Then dad had his accident. Not even two days later, this happens. All the while, I'm supposed to be doing an Honours degree. I put up with it the first time because, well, it needed to be done and I wasn't too worried because I figured once we were in the new place, I'd be set and I'd have time and space to work on everything. This...this is going to be a nightmare if it doesn't get sorted. I cannot move again, work, and research/write an Honours thesis. There is no fucking way. I need to be in the right frame of mind and have the opportunity to really focus on it. I can't do that if I'm looking at houses, packing, cleaning, working - and keep in mind that if we have to move, my dad will be useless since he has enough trouble moving himself around, let alone any furniture.

I neither have the time, nor the energy, to deal with any of this.

Music: Set fire to the third bar - Snow Patrol
Mood: Definitely moody
Photobucket

1 comment: