Tuesday, July 7, 2009

So, day one

"Would now be a good time to tell you I lost the car?"

EPIC. WIN.

I just. I can't articulate the amount of glee. It's funny and suspenseful and just bloody perfect. Torchwood, you complete me.

*flail*

I can't be coherent about this. In fact, I refuse to be coherent about it because I just want to revel in the sheer awesome that is this feeling.

I've had a near perfect day. Fuelled by the promise of new Torchwood I managed to get to work and be cheerful despite the fact that I'd been up till 2.30 and the EFTPOS/Fax was refusing to co-operate. Coasting through the morning avoiding the internet, I went to the RTA after work and sat for my full license, which I got. I came home and cranked up Cobra Starship so loud the neighbours' windows were rattling, getting dressed in an outfit completely inappropriate for the freezing weather we had before swanning off to the city. I met up with Em and another friend at the Lindt cafe where we geeked out over Hot Fudge Sundaes until they subtly kicked us out. I made sure I was home by 8. I proceeded to flap so much, my parents cleared the room. Finally, finally, I died and basked in new Torchwood heaven. My poor family, seriously. The conversation when I got home went something like this:
Dad: Oh got your license, congratulations!
Me: I'm so excited!
Mum: Yeah I feel better with you on a full license.
Me: What? Oh who cares about that, TORCHWOOD!
Dad: You don't want to celebrate?
Me: Hey, don't stand in front of the tv!!

I think my father is very happy he's working from 6pm for the next two nights.

On a random note, it's kind of a shame they killed the good looking doctor, I was looking forward to officially changing the tag to "Torchwood: We're easy on the eye."

Gah! Everything is so perfect! Gwen is lovely, Ianto is still glomp-worthy, and Jack! It's grown so much, naturally progressed, and it's just. Yes. *contented sigh*

21 hours to go!

Poetry to end with? Why not!

I do not know what it is about you that closes
and opens; only something in me understands
the voice of your eyes is deeper than all roses

[Somewhere I have never travelled - e.e. cummings]

Music: Numb3rs
Mood: GLEEFUL
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment