Monday, July 27, 2009

Every line is about who I don't want to write about anymore

I remember when I did really obscure, introspective posts. Back when I first started blogging. Somehow along the way it really became more of a journal, a catch-all for whatever random thoughts flitted across my increasingly obsessive mind, to the point where it's merely the inner chatter of my head. It's too bad for whoever stumbles across this, it's no doubt a lot more boring this way.

Anyway. Fandom nonsense ahead. If you’re sick to death of my OCD, I suggets you don’t even bother with this entry.

As the sun sets on Comic Con 2009, and another day ends where Russell T Davies acts like a smug bastard and makes me lament the creative world I so dearly love and hope to be a part of, I’d like to say that I am so damn proud of the Torchwood fandom. Despite all the plain batshit crazy stuff that’s gone down and the deep divisions that have been built on nasty stereotypes, the fans have shown more heart and humility in their various campaigns, both for and against, than the show’s creator has shown all month. Things have, in general, been quite civil and each has been allowed to have their own opinion and stand by it, everyone has had a chance to be heard. They've done so well, they've even gotten themselves noticed. A little respect and humility goes a long way, and I’m glad to see that the fandom knows this – “a campaign with a heart and the desire to do good”. They’re good people. So put that in your nihilistic pipe and smoke it.

On another note, there are too many vampire-esque things out there at the moment. Just looking at what's available to me on tv right now - I can watch Twilight of course, and there's True Blood, Demons, Being Human, Moonlight, Sanctuary, Supernatural (I'm sorry there wasn't a Supernatural panel at comic con, I would have paid TW fans to go to that instead, just for kicks...yes, I'm fickle like that.) I mean I know vampires have always been around (Buffy, Angel etc) but it seems that much more prominent in the mainstream right now. Probably Twilight's doing.

I am however randomly watching Brothers & Sisters and finding it to be quite amusing/interesting/good. Must look into it further.

Photobucket

Music: Okay, I believe you but my tommy gun don't - Brand New
Mood: Sleepy
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE Brothers and Sisters. Really addictive though. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed it! Definitely going to watch more :)

    ReplyDelete