Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Day two

"I don't like ice cream, it gives me a headache."

Whoa. It just doesn't slow down, does it? Bloody brilliant. I might have heart failure by the end though, but hey, would have been worth it. Gwen is so bad ass in this, it's brilliant. She's such a balanced character this season. I'm loving the mature feel of it and the fact that they're fighting something way bigger than they are. If that assassin bitch touches Jack again though, Ianto should throw her off a cliff. Every time he dies in some new horrific way, I think it kills me a little. I mean, yes I know he will come back, but he goes through such hell every time. It's awful. (And waking up like THAT? That's terrifying.) As for the unexpected naked Jack - well, it was bound to happen one day. I can't help but draw the conclusion that Ianto is clearly the clever one. Though his nephew had a moment. Oh, and not to forget Rhys! Wonderful man that he is! The new characters are all wonderfully engaging too. Lois is very promising although the security of the Home Office is greatly worrying. That Decker guy is giving off some major bad vibes (that name always sets off alarm bells anyway, just take Colonel Decker who hunted the A-Team, and Lydecker from Dark Angel.)

As a side note, does everyone know Jack can't die? I'm beginning to wonder why he even bothered to try and hide it from the team in season 1 (and how they never found out)...

I'm so insanely proud of the show. Episode 2 was the most watched programme in the UK yesterday, and that's just fantastic. I mean, considering how much crap people give it, it's a great result. I'm just a fan, so I can't imagine how proud everyone who worked on it must feel.

Looking forward to tomorrow!

Music: Numb3rs
Mood: Tired
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment