Thursday, July 2, 2009

So easily amused

The Original Spy is, as always, my hero. FTFW!

Quoth said the raven...

Oh Freda's talking about how she doesn't belong anywhere. Great, just turn on a Simple Plan song and put on some eyeliner, emo child. I guess PC Andy is a better choice to talk her down than I would be.

Overall, I thought it was a good listen, maybe perhaps lacking in serious action. What struck me is that the Cardiff Police Force clearly care way too much. Andy was out Gwen-ing Gwen, who even knew that was possible. They need some jaded detectives a la noir detective films in this thing, a little less empathy and compassion might help them actually get something done. I actually snorted when Jack told Gwen to be objective. Um yeah, good luck. PC Andy is however forgiven for his Gwenism cause he made a Star Trek joke. Well done. Oh oh, and the commandeering of the motorbike. Immediately Pirates of the Carribean dialogue took over my brain.
"We're going to steal a ship? That ship?"
"Commandeer. We're going to commandeer that ship. Nautical term. One question about your business boy, or there's no use going. This girl - how far are you willing to go to save her?"
"I'd die for her!"
"Oh good, no worries then."
Captains Jack FTW.

Anyway, as much as I find radio dramas utterly bizarre and feel strangely like my grandmother, we've been so deprived of new TW material (that's not frustrating books) it's hard not to be happy. And there's another one tonight, excellente.

I've gotten all my errands done this morning - Wicked tickets, bank business, everything. Productivity is a strange fit. Now I'm going to watch POTC, quote along with the entire thing, while having lunch, and then I shall do some uni work.

Music: The Pretender - Foo Fighters
Mood: Entertained
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment