Tuesday, July 14, 2009

It's not like something is keeping you from me

Ha. One of the first posts in my Google Reader today (from a music blog I follow) was entitled ‘Just Jack – The day I died’. You inadvertently amuse me, Google Reader. Well done. Another blog I follow updates so much, I always feel overwhelmed when I look at their thread. Seriously, 12 new posts since last night? Guyssss *whinges* I don’t know whether I should just give up on it. It does keep me up-to-date on useless movie information though. Such as comic book movies being all the rage at the moment. The Green Latern, Wonderwoman, The Green Hornet, Thor… I didn’t realise the last one was that popular. Natalie Portman’s apparantly been cast. I personally am not much of comic book movie fan. I sat through three Spider-man movies despite ardent protesting (the second one was the worst). There are exceptions of course (Batman, X-Men) but in general I find them dull, formulaic and lacking in logic. Do not get me started on the whole Superman glasses-are-not-a-disguise thing again. Oh and apparantly, Ridley Scott’s doing a Robin Hood movie.

On the topic of things that go unchecked, I have 9 new emails. All of them from myself. This is starting to become a bad habit. I’d say it beats writing on my hand but I still sometimes do that – today I have scribbled ‘Tautou’ on my palm. I’m terrible when it comes to this sort of thing. That’s why I feel the need to blog about the most mundane, trivial little things of my everyday life. It helps me cut down on the clutter. That said, I still have 15 post-its stuck up next to me and 53 draft emails saved on Jasper. SIGH.

I realised this morning I still haven't really eaten since Thursday. I was so antsy Friday, I couldn't even think of food. Saturday, I was way too distraught, and Sunday, well I don’t know, I must just have been on a different planet. Yesterday, I suppose I was just too busy. So in the last four days I have had a total of 2 slices of toast, a mini muffin, and half a small fries. Thing is, I'm not even hungry. But I should probably try and get a proper meal in at some point tonight.

On the domestic front, I’m very apprehensive about spending the next two days at home since my dad is being the most horrific patient ever. As far as I’m concerned, he’s not dying and he hasn’t broken anything, so while he may be stiff and sore, I see no reason why he should bellow for something every two minutes. Sigh. Also, I’m turning my dog into a slacker. She used to be up and about quite early, but since she's been sleeping in my room, she's become more and more reluctant to go out. Mum usually lets her out when she gets up for work (around 6.30ish, I'll be damned if I wake up that early) and normally Oreo’d be running around, wanting to play. Lately though, she doesn't want to move. She apparantly just eyes her dolefully...so, much like me when I'm woken up that early. Which is fair enough if you ask me, she’s up when I am and I only really turn in after midnight, and it’s winter, so who wants to be outside anyway? Chalk it up to another instance of my being a bad influence – even the animals aren’t safe!

Hm. I really need to do a back-up of all my music and images. If this laptop dies on me now, I will loose thousands of things I will never get back. 90% of those (excluding the music, of course) I don’t actually ever use, but that’s not the point. To be honest, my main concern lies with my icons. I have an unhealthy icon/display pic/avatar obsession. Seriously. They’re all neatly organised and hardly ever used since I only really have need for them on msn. My Torchwood folder alone contains 921 icons all up. I would love to see how many I have overall, but that’s too much like hard work. There are 32 main folders, and who knows how many sub-folders. Suffice it to say there is a lot. Like I said, unhealthy fixation.

For some reason I never got around to watching the Waters of Mars trailer before, and randomly did so today. I caught myself glee-ing at the end. Damn it, brain, what did we talk about last week? Fandom is bad, remember? Aaaaah. I can’t help it! I look forward to the return of one of my favourite deranged lunatics.

On a side note, is anyone ever tempted to, um, re-appropriate the Swedish books always sitting around IKEA? That is if they are actual books, something I’m not entirely convinced of. Not that I can read Swedish, but that’s not the point.

Anyway, I’m feeling generous, so if anyone wants any music or anything, drop me a comment and I’ll upload it for you if I have it. Meanwhile though, I present a random download:

> You are my face – Wilco

Music: Coastal Cities - The Secret Handshake
Mood: Rushed
Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Please eat... seriously eat... something with vitamins in it or this will happen to you:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/scurvy

    P.S. I still can't paste. I had to type that out. Fuck you Blogspot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh the horror of the typing! Haha I can't believe you actually linked me to scurvy. I am not a 16th Century pirate you know :P But I do appreciate the concern. I had lovely pasta and salad for dinner so all good *thumbs up*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, I'm always tempted too, in my 'see book: must have as property' way.... but they're always really dull ones about psychology and histories of plant names, stuff like that. Being able to read the Swedish ruins the exotic appeal of IKEA - the furniture names are always really dumb things like 'fluffy' or 'unbelievable'.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I must admit, I suspected they wouldn't offer the most exciting reading. It's just so hard to resist books! I have a love/hate relationship with IKEA, I complain about it constantly and yet 98% of my room is furnished by it *rolls eyes*

    ReplyDelete