Friday, July 3, 2009

Rambling commentary on The Dead Line

Last radio play, so don't worry, I won't subject the blog to this again...well probably. With this fandom you never know.

Firstly, I could happily have lived my life in ignorance of 'The Archers'. It's possibly even more boring than the thing my grandmother listens to and I didn't think that was possible. Honestly, the things I do for you Torchwood - catch the end of radio shows with weird barn animal sounds, look like a complete fangirl lunatic, the list goes on.

There's intrigue and Ianto straight from the get go. Always a good sign. Let's gooo!

YES! Excellent way to start. Jack in actual peril is always a twist, it happens so rarely. Shake things up, I like it.

God Ianto, I love your upset voice. And angry voice…and…oh who am I kidding? I would answer the phone if you were calling, risk of dropping into a coma or not.

What?! There’s always time for coffee!

Did Jack just say happy clappy? Ha, I KNEW that wasn't just something weird my family did…

Oh well, if you’re making tea, weird lady, please come in!

MUSEUM CHIC!

ABBA? Ah well Jack, perhaps you should discuss that with Ianto, we all know he appreciates their poptastic danceability.

Hai Rhys! You see through your wife’s hypocrisy! Gwen pwnd. Well done.

'Please god no' indeed. No mexican moustaches for Ianto. N.O.

Our Jack is such a clever boy. Unconciousness via phone is at least more original than say, oh I don't know, chloroform.

Awwww Ianto! *HUGS*

Rhys, you are so awesome, I can’t believe how much you put up with.

Electro-chemical reaction. Sounds tasty.

Stella's quite awesome. As far as exes go, at least she doesn’t seem to be insane. She hasn't admitted to attending any rehabs, and she also hasn't made a banana reference. Nice change, I was beginning to get worried there.

Action!Rhys is up to the job. All hail Team Torchwood! And sorry Rhys, Jack and Ianto have already discussed your gun carrying ability (predictably, it led to harassment, but you know, whatever)

Oh god…those sound like bees. My apiphobia just kicked in. Eeeee *hides* OH GOOD, not bees, decomposing dead body and flies. I probably shouldn’t be relieved by that but…it’s not bees!

You know, this is beginning to sound more like a job for Disco Stu…wait, what?

Cue Ianto’s big speech of fangirl inducing squee. HUGS HUGS HUGS. I hope he learns to appreciate you, Ianto. Honestly.

Ohmygod. This…this…is too much. My heart is fucking breaking. IT’S BREAKING. I HATE YOU TORCHWOOD YOU’VE RUINED MY FUCKING LIFE.

Ok, now they’re stamping on my broken heart and crushing it to fine glass. It is nothing but dust. IANTO *hugs again* I refuse to ever become emotionally invested in a character again, I won't survive.

(Also, see! I always said Ianto was under no illusions about the complicated mess that sometimes threatens to masquerade as a relationship. Still hurts though.)

Can’t say I really want to hear about someone lusting after Gwen right now. I am far too damaged, emo child that I am. The breathing, it hurts.

Ok I admit I forgot there was a plot beyond that speech for a second (just long enough to blink the tears from my eyes, wait, what? I didn’t admit to anything!), but now that I’ve remembered, it’s very good actually. Rhys and Gwen make a great team, and Rhys is being an awesome pseudo cop.

“Give me a PDA” - Ianto can still work under emotional duress. That’s our Ianto. And he’s brilliant too! As if there was any doubt.

This must be the quietest Jack’s ever been.

Wow Gwen, way to almost get run over. That would have been embarrassing.

All together – awwwww.

Awkward!Ianto is awkward, and oh, wait for it, wait for it. OHMYGOD. They just – they just did that. THEY JUST DID THAT. Oh wait, I'm flailing all over the place *carefully arranges jacket* Perhaps now it's time to admit defeat and admit that *hangs head and sighs* I have an OTP. I never thought it would happen but this absolute mess I leave in my wake begs to differ. Now that I've thoroughly humiliated myself, I shall digress.

Conclusion: I think the capslock and wild emotional flailing speaks for itself in this one.

Music: Credits
Mood: Sleepy
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment