Monday, July 13, 2009

Be proud when you dazzle the wondrous

Reality came crashing down with an iron fist today as my dad decided to become better acqainted with the road. Every time I drive to work now, I can look at the myriad of skid marks on the brand new surface and think fondly of my father. I'm sure I would have been more worked up when I got the call this morning if it wasn't for the fact that I'm still completely numb after last week. My brain just sighed and said "look, what do you want from me? I'm fried!" Anyway, he's fine. Well, ok maybe not fine, but he's alive and whole, and nothing is broken. He's got scrapes and bruises all down his left side, and I think he might have fucked up his knee cause it was starting to look nasty when I picked him up. Apparantly the ambulance wanted to take him to hospital but he refused. Blood pressure's sky high. I ordered him to the doctor's, which meant I spent the afternoon without a car. I was just hoping someone would at least remember to pick me up from work. Luckily, they did. I'll probably be without transport on/off for about 4 to 6 weeks now.

He even made the news. So if anyone heard about two lanes being closed for a motorbike accident on the traffic report this morning, that was him. Twpsyn. The fire brigade was out and everything. Big to-do. I think its kind of ironic seeing as, all things considered, it wasn't that bad a crash. Well, it doesn't look that bad, I mean no one was too badly hurt and the only thing that suffered other than the bike is a bumper - he dropped it and slid it underneath the car when he saw contact was unavoidable. He knows what he's doing - if it was me I'd just have allowed contact and we'd be hunting for my teeth in the bushes. It just freaked a lot of people out by the sound of things. Bike's completely ruined. I had it picked up and took dad to the service shop during my lunch break. I asked the guy if it could be fixed and he went "Uh, no." For some reason, I found his expression quite amusing. Anyway, it's sad to see it in that state. Bits and pieces everywhere. It was in such great condition too. Nothing to be done for it though, so I suppose we'll get the same one again once the insurance gets sorted. I think mum is about ready to do her nut. Well, if she wasn't worried about the sod, she might be. Everything is ruined - helmet, gloves, leather jacket, boots. I think it's damned lucky he was wearing the full kit. In summer he just rides around in a t-shirt, he wouldn't have had any skin left. Gross. Anyway, thousands of dollars' worth of damage. Of course it happens on the day the Antichrist has gone in for its service and they screwed up, leaving mum without a courtesy car. I've been calling people, yelling at people, and driving up and down like a mad woman until I eventually just relinquished Jack into his dubious care. All the while still working 8 hours. Save me, jeebus!

Maybe the universe thought I needed a little reality...to which I say, fuck you universe. There was nothing fluffy or escapist about last week. It instilled the same disgust of general humanity that the everyday usually does. The LAST thing I need is a reality check. Bah. It's going to be a nightmare living with him in this state, he's already moaning and groaning at every opportunity. And lecturing me on my driving. The cheek! Honestly.

But I digress.

I've uploaded some of my Ianto playlist rejects, so you can now download those too if you step this way. This zip contains:

> Early sunsets over Monroeville - My Chemical Romance
> Sleep alone - Bat For Lashes
> Great Expectations - The Gaslight Anthem
> The world has its shine - Cobra Starhip
> The wind blows - All American Rejects
> Almost lover - A Fine Frenzy
> Resounding - Say Anything
> Don't let me die still wondering - Flogging Molly
> Never is a promise - Fiona Apple
> While you wait for the others - Grizzly Bear
> Where have you been? - Manchester Orchestra
> Time Flies - Lykke Li
> Good love - Bat For Lashes
> I've got a witch mad at me... - Forgive Durden
> Demolition lovers - My Chemical Romance
> I've been right all along - Armor for Sleep
> Brothers on a hotel bed - Death Cab For Cutie
> Daniel - Bat For Lashes

[Obligatory disclaimer: Please note all downloads are for promotional purposes only, and should be deleted after 24 hours.]

Music: Siren song - Bat For Lashes
Mood: Pessimistic
Photobucket
[Ah foreshadowing, I hate you.]

2 comments:

  1. Dude! Hope your dad's okay soon. Thanks for more music loveliness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah thanks, I'm sure he'll be fine. He's just the worst patient ever *rolls eyes* And you're welcome :)

    ReplyDelete