Sunday, July 12, 2009

Every inch of me is bruised

I've spent the entire day holed up back here in my little corner of the house, minding my own business, and I have to say I feel a lot better about the state of things. I might go so far as to say I may even approve. Apparantly RTD has officially moved to the US, and that sits well with me too. I can let all this go, appreciate it for the brilliant, heartbreaking, risky television it was, provided I never have to deal with Torchwood Cardiff again. The chapter is closed. That said, I've heard rumours being flung around about a US Torchwood for months now, and I'm thinking that's something I could accept. If it's original (not a stupid version of the old one, which they inevitably always ruin, like Life on Mars) and Jack's in it. I won't watch Torchwood without Jack. It'll be like starting over. Not replacing, but turning over a new leaf, so to speak. Despite everything, Jack's still one of my favourite fictional creations (and I'm really appreciating his immortal qualities more than ever). So yes.

Anyway, here's my playlist. You can download it if you wish - Ianto Lives. It consists of the following:

> Dusk & Summer - Dashboard Confessional
She said "No one is alone, the way you are alone"
And you held her looser than you would have if you ever could have known
> Easy, Lucky, Free - Bright Eyes
> Doomsday and the echo - Lovedrug
> Gorecki - Lamb
> Love you till the end - The Pogues
> 21 Guns - Green Day
> Just say you're not that into it - Mayday Parade
> You must be willing - Against Me!
> Common Reactor - Silversun Pickups
> I can barely breathe - Manchester Orchestra
And then I saw your face
You're turning skin into a dirty secret
I watched the beauties, watched the fire
And the fire burn the beauty in their eyes
When I took the blame
We layed in ruins trying to quote your phrase
We're yelling, "someone's got the answers,
But I'd rather think there's nothing to be found"
If you knew I was dying would it change you?
So when you see me falling backwards down the wall that says I'm still alive,
Don't be cautious when I'm cautiously approaching on the other side
Everybody has their reasons, that's the reason we're all going to die
Because if seeing is believing,
Then believe that we have lost our eyes
> I promise you walls - Shiny Toy Guns
> Sad Eyes - Bat For Lashes
> Passenger Seat - Death Cab For Cutie
> Paint the Silence - South
> Ghost of you - My Chemical Romance
> Miserable Visu (Exo Malo Bonum) – Anberlin
> Everything we had - The Academy Is...
> Heaven Help Us - My Chemical Romance
> Transatlanticism - Death Cab For Cutie
The rhythm of my footsteps crossing floodlands to your door
Have been silenced forever more.
The distance is quite simply much too far for me to row
It seems farther than ever before

Also, as a side note – I dedicate ‘Handcuffs’ by Brand New to Jack. I've included ‘Sleep’ by My Chemical Romance for him too.

Some say, now suffer all the children,
And walk away a savior,
Or a madman and polluted
From gutter institutions.
Don't you breathe for me,
Undeserving of your sympathy,
Cause there ain't no way that I'm sorry for what I did...
...cause there ain't no way that I'm coming back again

Of course there were tons of others, I feel like mentioning some of the rejects even though they aren't in the zip:
> Early sunsets over Monroeville - My Chemical Romance
> Great Expectations - The Gaslight Anthem
> The world has its shine - Cobra Starhip
> The wind blows - All American Rejects
> Almost lover - A Fine Frenzy
> Resounding - Say Anything
> Don't let me die still wondering - Flogging Molly
> Never is a promise - Fiona Apple
> While you wait for the others - Grizzly Bear
> Where have you been? - Manchester Orchestra
> Time Flies - Lykke Li
> Good love - Bat For Lashes
> Demolition lovers - My Chemical Romance
> I've been right all along - Armor for Sleep
> Brothers on a hotel bed - Death Cab For Cutie
[Edit: See this post for a dowload link for these]

Now we carry on.

captain jack,torchwood,children of earth
--Because Abs put the song in my head :P

[Obligatory disclaimer: Please note all downloads are for promotional purposes only, and should be deleted after 24 hours.]

Music: Bruised - Jack's Mannequin
Mood: Peaceful
Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. That's an amazing playlist. Thx :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to give you some lyrics but blogspot has decided to outlaw pasting? Que???

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're welcome :)

    Abs, you can't paste? I still can. How odd...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nope.. I am the pasteless!

    ReplyDelete