Friday, July 24, 2009

Happiness it hurt like a bullet in the mind

Question: But it's a risky thing to kill off such a popular character.
Davies: Absolutely. There’s a risk that some people won’t come back to watch now that Ianto’s gone. I thank them for watching the show and I recommend they go watch Supernatural, because those boys are beautiful. And don’t tell me they’re brothers. [Laughs] Not in my mind.

[from new EW interview]

Hang on. Did he just completely negate fan reaction by implying it's simply about looks and slashers?

I...

No. Just no. I'm so over this bullshit.

I spent the entire night last night in some sort of half-awake state. I hate it. I'm always half tempted just to get out of bed and do something, but at the same time the rational part of my brain is insisting that I at least try to sleep. I've had a terrible run the last two weeks, it's never been this bad before. Not eating properly, not sleeping properly, being insanely busy at work and verging on sickness, I'm so close to backhanding someone back to next month. It'll either be the next patient who shows up half an hour early and then complain about having to wait (here's a tip, show up on time!!!), myself, or perhaps Russell Davies who deserves it for not letting things die in peace.

Despite being barely able to keep my eyes focused, the day was not a total loss. I got my hair done and made a beautiful dinner. I also watched two hours worth of 30 Rock, which is quite amusing, all things considered.

With deep calming breaths (and perhaps some sleeping pills), maybe I can actually do some work this weekend.

Dananananaykroyd are playing the Annandale on Wednesday, I need a gig buddy.

Music: Dog days are over - Florence And The Machine
Mood: Aggravated
Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. I'll go watch the gig with you..if you like. And promise backhanding only after serious drinking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoever Agent99 is, please do go to the show with her. Dananananakroyd are one of the best live bands I've ever seen... they will blast all of the cobwebs out of your ears :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay company! I shall head to yours then darling and we can decide whether to drive or bus it from central :)

    ReplyDelete