Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Begging for the sun in a mid Missouri winter

I have had the worst headache all day. Makes sitting up seem like the most difficult thing ever. Finally seems to be breaking a bit, which is a relief. Too much to do, don’t have time for blinding pain right now! Bah.

House hunting has taught me there are some truly horrible places out there. Some look as if they’ve come straight from Life on Mars, others look like they’ve been housing Weevils, while yet others have that distinct “No beer and no tv make Homer go something something” look to them. So it’s either painful 70s décor, or house of horrors. Brilliant. I for one am pissed at having to move again. I like this house. I have painted the entire place, I have a Saxon green study. SAXON GREEN DAMMIT. I have the back of the house to myself and no one bothers me. I also like sitting outside just reading. Fuck. I’m not going to get it this good again and I’m certainly not painting again. Life is being such a bitch this year. And I’ve bought extra furniture which I will no doubt no longer have space for *weeps uncontrollably*

Do you have any idea how hard it is to find a rental property around here on short notice? One does not simply walk into Mordor, and neither does one simply walk into the rental market. There is evil there that does not sleep!

Photobucket
PROMOFAIL – How not to inspire confidence in potential occupants.

Speaking of not inspiring confidence...oh Panic, what are you boys doing? They seem to be going the same way as Blink. One band people liked splitting into two that will no doubt have its moments, but in general do little to ever come close to what people once loved. Brendon and Spencer have gone the utterly underwhelming generic route with ‘New Perspective’, while Ryan and Jon (as The Young Vein) seem to be continuing on their Beatles revival experience with ‘Change’. Blah. Let me know when I should care again.

Meanwhile, on the internet:
> Handerpants!
> Goths in hot weather
> Texts from last night
> "Why I won't follow you on twitter"
> Wait, LIVING goo???
> D'awww cuteness
> Gay exorcism = church!fail
> Kyle and Jackie O = radio!fail
> Buffy vs Torchwood
[Killing your gays or how RTD tried for Titanic and ended up with Pearl Harbor. It's interesting that so many cannot help but make the Whedon comparison, I suppose it’s the epic character deaths that do it. I also find it interesting how general consensus seems to declare Whedon to have done it properly and so he still ends up with fan support. So perhaps a better tag would be 'Killing your characters for the plot - you're doing it wrong!']

Photobucket

Music: Topeka - Ludo
Mood: Frustrated
Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. That's a PROMO picture??? Hey-soos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My captcha or whatever for that last comment was emoronst... I don't know why I think that's funny...

    ReplyDelete
  3. YES! I can't help but think someone accidentally uploaded it as part of the house photos.

    Some of those things are *hilarious* so I don't blame you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. If the rental market is terrible, is it possible you guys could buy? I still can't believe they're making you move again. That's evil.

    While I despise Kyle, I think that mum is the biggest one to blame. If your child was raped at 12 then chances are she's going to get into sex and drugs early.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I KNOW RIGHT. What is wrong with that mother? Even without knowing about the abuse, who drags a 14 year old on air to talk about their sex life? It's just wrong.

    ReplyDelete