Saturday, October 18, 2008

You keep the air in my lungs

Oh.My.God. Second season of Torchwood is utterly hilarious. Such great lines. It's Ianto! That kind of dry wit kicks ass. And really, you can never go wrong with a Star Wars hologram joke - "Help me Obi Wan Kenobi, you're my only hope." I didn't want to stop watching last night, I kept pushing myself. At the same time I'm having a "Woe!" moment cause once this is done, well that's it. No more. What am I going to do with myself? It's not fair! I got up to episode 6, I didn't want to stop with the 'Adam' ep tho because really, my poor heart. Jack's past is so Anakin/Luke Skywalker-ish tho...Tatooine! Fantastic. Ah poor Jack. Poor me. I'm losing my mind.

Oreo has no sympathy, woke me up at 8 even tho I only gave in to sleep at 3. It's too damn early! Had to get up and accompany mum to Flight Center to book our tour. One thing done at least. Amsterdam, Mannheim, Lucerne, Paris, London. New places and old favourites, win. Possibly doing an Irish tour too, but we haven't decided yet. Also had to clean the house. Everything seems extra mediocre after you've spent 5 hours in wonderful surreal sci-fi world. Reality never fails to disappoint.

I forgot to have an obsession of the week yesterday, so making up for it now. It's going to have to be Sam's Town. That is, the second studio album of Vegas rockers The Killers. I've been listening to it obsessively all week. Brandon Flowers said the album was meant to capture chronologically everything important that got him to where he was at the time. After listening to it a couple of times, I can really see that. There's a sense of progression and growth in it, and for some reason, I easily relate to it. It just conjures up great imagery and emotions without it seeming to conciously try. I've been especially taken with 'For Reasons Unknown' lately, listening to it on repeat, but previously 'Read My Mind' and 'When You Were Young' received the same treatment. Or should that be the same level of adoration? I also love 'Bling', 'This River is Wild' and 'Why do I keep counting?'. It's all in the mixture of being catchy and having lines like "Should I just get along with myself, I never did get along with anybody else", I simply can't resist.

Photobucket

Hm.

I feel so...
Oh I don't even know.
I want to live in this song.
I want to feel. Intensely.
Beauty and freedom and art and love.
All the parts of humanity that doesn't fill you with revulsion.
I. Just. Want.

Music: How I go - Yellowcard
Mood: Relaxed
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I watched the christmas invasion - twice - last night. I wanted to show it to mum and she kept falling asleep!

    I'M HAVING A NEURON IMPLOSION!

    Pets never have sympathy for us.

    Indeed that album rocks.

    Ugh so much pain.

    ReplyDelete