Thursday, October 16, 2008

I said you goddamn kids have nothing on me

I had my first quadruple shot Latte from Starbucks this morning. Those extra shots are well worth it. I was quite wired for the first half of class there and it takes a lot of caffiene to get me in that state.

I needed it tho because at six am the neighbourhood went into NOISE mode. Trucks were honking, cars screeching, and birds were making weird cat-like noises (I said it was a cat but mum said it was a bird). Couldn't sleep at all. I don't know what the hell had gotten into everything but I suggest it goes away.

Other than that (and probably thanks to the caffiene hit), the morning was quite gleetastic. First I had to stop myself laughing hysterically on the bus because the 'Torchwood SUV' was following us into the city. Then in class, we had to workshop again but it wasn't so bad this time. Besides last night while innocently checking my email, I received one from a J. Harkness...nearly had a heart attack. Turns out that's one of the guys in my class, I just never knew. Anyway, he was workshopping today and his piece is about this gang of boys (12 year olds, its Children's Fiction after all), and he kept saying things like 'I want him to be more intimate with Oscar....ok maybe intimate is not the right word' and stuff like that. But no one notices it sounds a bit weird until he corrects himself. So my brain was having a lovely amusing time with the Harkness and his innuendo. I mean really, how appropriate. People also kept giving him suggestions, such as "setting it during the London Blitz and then having this gang of kids running around" and my brain is going GLEE! Are you my mummy? So anyway, point is, your obsessions will get you committed if you aren't careful.

Speaking of, walked to stupid military surplus store TWICE today and it was closed both times. Thought I'd have trouble finding it this morning, but the goths hanging around outside helped. That's when I got onto the Starbucks, at least wanted something for my time. Must've been closed for lunch this afternoon *grumbles* I'm going shopping with Roze tomorrow for Em's bday, so I might drag her up there afterwards. See how time goes.

Hm. Work is not very eventful. I had a guy come in the other day who did security on the Rolling Stones' world tour. That's pretty sweet. The guy who's in here now looks a little green... *gets out garlic and holy water* I'm feeling a lot better today thanks, I don't need any other sickness or weird diseases just now.

Two hours and counting...

Oh great, of course 50 people show up at the same time. Gah.

Does not waaaaant.

Music: Speak low, if you speak love - My American Heart
Mood: Silly
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. The reason you need 4 shots is because Starbucks coffee is weaker than Amy Winehouse's resolve to stay off the smack!

    I love how you've added buy adapter to your to-do list.

    ReplyDelete