Thursday, October 16, 2008

Eyes for striking

I shouldn't be blogging. Really. I only woke up an hour and fifteen minutes ago. Nothing has happened to warrant a blog. I don't even have anything to ramble about in that nonsensical way I do...and yet, here I am. Because I am BORED. Work is boring. Completely and utterly boring. How did I ever live without Jasper to distract me? And of course, Abbi's gone away so there's no one on MSN, she usually makes time go faster. Everyone else is at work/uni. I didn't even bring a book to read under the desk in the sneaky way I have perfected. Mostly because the book I'm reading is too big to pull this off effectively...The Dresden Files books on the other hand are the perfect size, so that's why I got through them so quickly.

Epic. Sigh.

I hate being bored. It's moments like these I really start feeling like I'm losing my grip on sanity.

To add to this wonderfully exciting start to the day, I woke up with a sore throat of unswallowable proportions (I am a writing student, I'm allowed to make up words). This is extra annoying cause I was feeling so good yesterday. Why can't I just be happy and healthy for a bit? I blame the green guy from yesterday. I've started taking cold tablets just in case - he was really sick and I don't need that, thanks.

I wanted to finish episode 5 of Amped last night but I didn't. I'm finding it really hard to write actually...just coming up with bits. It's strange, I thought it would be a lot easier at this point.

Most of my uni work is done. I just need to workshop and "re-draft" so that they think I listen to what they're saying. The only real thing I have to do is my Honours proposal. That's a whole bundle of laughs, that is.

Judging by the dreams I had last night, my subconcious has taken a dodgy turn for the worst. I now also have the All American Rejects song 'Dance Inside' stuck in my head, and you know that's quite a dodgy song. Catchy as hell tho.

You know what, I can ramble like it's nobody's business...

And I'll be fine, you'll be fine
Is this fine? I'm not fine
Give me pieces, give me things to stay awake


Music: Dance Inside - the voices in my head
Mood: Distracted
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. You ramble most efficiently!

    I never have ways of entertaining myself when I'm bored at work. I just walk aimlessly in circles like a goldfish. That's probably why I've formed such an unhealthy obsession with Beard Guy. Passes the time.

    You've been infected by the NRMA "un" ads. Unswallowable.

    If it makes you feel any better I'm utterly bored and I'm at home =/

    ReplyDelete