Tuesday, October 7, 2008

A heart that's harder than stone

Damn it, talk about bad timing. I stupidly just deleted this post JUST as the draft was saving. The internet continues to mess with me. I am not your toy! *shakes fist at nerd overlord*

Ok let's see....what was I saying...

I watched a rather bizarre movie after work today - Secretary with Maggie Gyllenhaal. IMDB has the description as "A young woman, recently released from a mental hospital, gets a job as a secretary to a demanding lawyer, where their employer-employee relationship turns into a sexual, sadomasochistic one." So yeah, go figure.

After that I sat in the sun reading since it's the only place that was comfortably warm since winter has decided to send a last pitiful reminded not to forget it, with Oreo running around as she does. The Home Care lady showed up to collect her catalogue and Oreo decided to go gaurd dog. She's really bad at it, it turns into some sort of bad comedy skit. She's delusional. Tonight when I took her for a walk she wanted to take on this super aggressive pit bull being walked by three wannabe gangsters. Like I said, delusional.

Oh, rumour has it there's a new Green Day album due out next year. About time, I say. This internet fueled world has made me impatient. You hardly ever need to wait four or five years for an album anymore these days. Funny old world innit?

Speaking of albums, listened to the new Jack's Mannequin one yesterday. Gotta love that piano rock. I'm especially fond of 'Spinning' and 'Lullaby'. The 'Suicide Blonde' track irks me a bit merely because of the name...I swear there's an INXS song by the same title. It would appear that I am easily confused.

I also wacthed the first episode of Torchwood on youtube. Youtube. I don't know why but I feel there's a certain type of pathetic-ness that comes with watching TV shows on youtube. No offence to the many many people I know who do it. Just personally I find it sad waiting forever to load 5 installments of ten minutes of bad quality footage. But I wanted to check it out before I spent a small fortune on the dvds...consulting my good friend e-bay first though. Oh god, some people on e-bay annoy me...mostly the people that chase up the price six days before the auction ends...honestly what are you doing? You're making it worse for everrrrryone. Tsk tsk.

Anyway...I have to go back to uni tomorrow. Joy. I just re-printed my stupid script cause I didn't notice the grammar errors the first time. Why do I always do that? I seriously need to learn to read before I print. It's ridiculous! Honestly though, I've spent more time trying to decide what to wear tomorrow than I have worrying about work. My priorities are clearly in order. I've also been contemplating whether the uni has a faster download speed and if I should take advantage if they do *strokes beard*

You know what I hate? When that damn Paramore song gets stuck in my head....I'm in the business of misery, let's take it from the top. She's got a body like an hourglass, it's ticking like a clock. GAH! *bashes head against desk* That Hayley girl just grates me something severe.

What else did I want to say? I guess except for feeling that sometimes life consists of noncommital repsonses to other people's dramas, nothing. I have nothing to say. I am dying for a show.

Well, I have the last two episodes of Heroes left. I am going to be rather annoyed if things aren't tied up properly. I am suffering through the frustration for a pay off after all. I sort fo want to watch season 2 just to see how the pacing works as it only has 12 episodes or something. The shorter, more compressed format seems promising. I think I best go finish it all now...

Music: The boy who blocked his own shot - Brand New
Mood: Lethargic
Photobucket

1 comment: