Thursday, October 23, 2008

So put on your face and let's pretend

I never get used to seeing the shadows under my eyes. You'd think I would, but when I get up in the morning and I see the dark, purplish shades in the mirror, I'm still a bit taken aback. I really hope sooner or later I get used to being such a zombie. Sometimes I think maybe I should make more of an effort, I see girls in the city and I just don't try that hard. Maybe I should actually, I don't know, blow dry my hair, wear make-up, pay attention to what I'm wearing. I just roll out of bed into the first thing I can find, brush my hair, grab some lip gloss, end of story. From resisting the urge to hurl my alarm against the wall and piling into the car takes 10 minutes (and that includes coffee and making my bed). Half the time I'm not even fully awake yet. I hate mornings too much to care about what I look like for the rest of the day. It's disgraceful.

I also possibly need to curb my ranting. I'm not entirely sure the level of annoyance I can reach in a short amount of time is healthy. From content to severly annoyed in 0.1 seconds. Sigh.

I sat down with mum last night and explained to her that I cannot be harrassed every time I am 10 minutes late. In an hour or whatever, if they want to check up on me, fair enough, but to have six missed calls because I'm not home at exactly the time I usually am, is ridiculous. She concurred. It's not that I don't appreciate them looking out for me, but I just feel I can't live my life by a schedule someone else has for me. But that's just my father for you. Still he's probably deeply offended by it all. Epic. Sigh.

Ally's gotten into Say Anything. She arrived in class yesterday with her laptop to play the vid for 'Wow, I can get sexual too' (Funny thing, she asked me why he called it the interweb and I was a bit preplexed, "What you never refer to the interwebz?", Must be a geek/board thing). I spent the time flapping in that 'I TOLD you so' way I have. Also loudly, and repeatedly, declared my love of Max for all to hear. The boy is crazy, but that's the point isn't it? He's like an antihero. Say Anything kicks some serious ass, cannot wait to see them at Soundwave.

Oh shit, soundwave! The tickets go on sale today...better get on that. Trusty credit card, fucking up my finances one gig at a time. I need to get rid of that thing, seriously, as Abbi would say, it is the devil.

I have so much to do but trying to do any of it feels like such a momentous task, so I do nothing instead. Way to be productive!

I'm freezing at work right now, cannot feel my toes. I hope it warms up before Sunday or I'm going to be royally screwed. Em's having her 21st birthday thingo, first it's dinner with her close friends (me, her bf, Roze) and then it's drinks with a bunch of other people. Dinner is semi-formal though so I've pulled out my trusty black halter dress and the new wedges...but as always, formal wear and bad weather really, really do not go well together. I'm actually quite looking forward to it - getting dressed up, hanging out, meeting new people. I'm just in the mood to be someone else for a bit.

Lizzie just sent me a quote from our new state premier - "It's like being in love. If you think you're in love, you're in love. If you think you're in traffic, you're in traffic." Riiight. Politicians. They just fill you with confidence don't they.

Don't blame me, I voted for Saxon.

It's a Doctor thing, don't worry about it.

This blog has helped me waste thirty minutes of my working day, leaving me with another two to kill. There has got to be a better way to go through life...

Music: The Killing Lights - AFI
Mood: Lazy
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment