Monday, October 6, 2008

It's ticking like a clock

Daylight saving messes with my head. I love it, sure, it's nice to be able to go out at 8 and it's still light out, but when it starts I waste so much time...like this morning I woke up at 10.30, which is actually 9.30, which is an hour lost. Sigh.

Oh well, what you gonna do?

I wanted to work on my assignments today but I didnt have the enthusiasm this morning and instead got distracted dowloading music. I am nothing if not predictable. I am actually rather excited since I found all these Muse b-sides while looking for their cover of 'Please please please let me get what I want'...I didnt actually find that one but more than enough others *flaps* Instrumentals!

I read the stories of two people in my Children's Writing class who are workshopping this week. I loathe workshopping. I never know what to say. I can always say "oh I liked this bit" but when it comes to the negative, I find it very hard to deliver any feedback. How can you say to someone "look I really think you ramble too much and you should stop repeating this bit". I feel bad. Also, not many people take criticism well and then they go all "I hate you". It's no wonder artistic people are notoriously deranged.

I have discovered Contiki offers camping tours. I think that's pretty cool. It works out cheaper camping and really gets that backpacker thing going, but being in a group makes it a bit more interesting. Hey if I can save enough money I could do that next July. Although I guess I should really save for the US/Canada at the end of next year. There is too much out there to do! Gah. Solution - become immortal. My plan is fool proof!

Music: From the Ritz to the Rubble - Arctic Monkeys
Mood: Lazy
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. ...and then after all the grungy camping you end the tour in London for a couple of weekends where your lovely big sister will give you real food and a hot shower...?

    ReplyDelete