Friday, October 3, 2008

Drift, drift, drift

I am not a big fan of this hot-yet-overcast weather. It seems like a total rip off to have the heat but not the sun to go with it - "Mwahaha fry my pretties fry, but suffer in overcast doom" If I'm going to be hot, I at least want to feel like I'm getting something out of it, after all.

On that note, airconditioning is evil. Not only does it regularly make me sick, but it is also quite spiteful. Take the one at work for example, currently verging on sub zero in the waiting room yet if I switch it off, it is far too stuffy. It also does not seem to care what temperature I set it at, it still maintains fridge-appropriate output. In fact, due to the supreme dodginess of our work fridge which regularly needs to be thumped to work, it is probably colder in the waiting room than in the fridge. Fascinating isn't it?

Since I'm on the topic of work, is it wrong that I get some sort of sick satisfaction that people prefer me to the other woman who works here? Today I had a lady ring to ask my times, so she can make appointments/enquiries when I'm here. This makes the little psychopath in the darkest recess of my brain pump her little fist and go "yes!". I'm not quite sure why but the detatched omniscient little me thinks its probably a bit pathetic. Yeah, I have a lot of little me's running around my brain. They don't get a lot done and lately they've been lacking in the memory department.

Sigh. Our medical cancelled. I've been sitting here since 10.40 with nothing to do. I'm tired of making myself look busy. Why doesn't the work computer have solitaire? Every time I've been to my doctor's surgery, the receptionist has been playing solitaire. As I said, sigh.

Music: Admit It - Say Anything
Mood: Cranky
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment