Sunday, January 18, 2009

*yawn*

I don't actually know why I fight sleep as much as I do. When I want to sleep, I never can, but right now, I'm exhausted and it's a respectable time, so why not just go to bed? Why not indeed. I apparantly have no control over myself...wait, that doesn't make sense? Oh, the talking to myself, it fries my brain!

Clearly I have gone insane.

Anywho, random thing to amuse myself with -

*Grab the book nearest you. Right now.
*Don't dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST
*Turn to page 56.
*Find the fifth sentence.
*Post that sentence.

"Something that felt vaguely like an enormous feather pillow swung by the Incredible Hulk slammed into my chest."
- White Night, Jim Butcher

The Dresden Files books are in general always good for a quote...fantastically nerdy quotes. Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, it's all there.

Music: Smile - Frank Sinatra
Mood: Numb
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Ooh, ohh thats an easy one.
    I own a bookshelf (WITH BOOKS!) within about 4 cm from where my hands are now (ON THE KEYBOARD!) and its really no trouble at all to just reach out and...*hand collides with book, hand is used in a pincer movement to pick up book*....tell you that the sentence the fates have decided upon today is....

    "Making sure he has his sunflower seeds and wishing himself goodluck."- The Unpublished Spike Milligan

    Pleasingly interesting and credible, and also TRUE!

    With the sleeping thing, I do that as well actually. You're not insane. I figure that my brain subconciously thinks that sleeping is a bit of a waste of time, considering all the other exciting and interesting things that it could amuse itself with, its just my body can't keep up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The brain is wise. Sleeping is a waste of time, all the reading and such that could be done in those wasted hours the body seems to think it needs. Honestly!

    Books are love :)

    ReplyDelete