Thursday, January 8, 2009

Blah

Another pointless blog. It's one of those days.

Firstly, I'm officially enrolled for Honours. I'm going to have to do three classes this semester - all day Tuesdays and Wednesday afternoon. Then just independent thesis production for spring.

Secondly, I have the first six episodes of Merlin. All is well.

Thirdly, it is ridiculous for an album upload to take four hours. Really. I mean come on internet, wtf.

Fourthly, I watched Matt Smith on Doctor Who confidential. There is hope. Oh yes, there is.

Fifthly, Iaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanto *shrugs*

Sixthly....ok, I came across this girl I was quite close to back in SA on Facebook and messaged her. Of course one of the first things she asks me is whether there is "someone special" in my life. Why is this always seemingly the most pertinent question? And when I say no, it's like, oh you poor thing. I don't feel sorry for myself. If I wanted to, I could've been in a relationship by now. I just haven't wanted to. It's like talking to Adam the other night and he's telling me about everyone, and they always have girl/boyfriends, always. They break up with one and two seconds later, there's another. Can't people ever just be alone? Is it that terrible? I mean, I don't want to drag some poor sucker that shows interest into a pointless relationship where I'm with him for the sake of being with him while not actually feeling anything, just cause I don't want to be alone. HOW is that fair? I've subtly extracted myself from all such situations cause I don't want the guy to get hurt when he realises he feels a lot more for me than I do for him. It's needlessly complicated. So, no, there isn't "someone special" in my life because I don't want to jerk someone around just cause they're there. There has only been one person so far I've been willing to take the metaphorical leap for and he turned out to be taken. All the guys I lust after, the boys I dub with weird names and psuedo-stalk if they happen to be around, that doesn't mean anything really, it's just entertaining. I don't know why it's so shocking to not be in a committed relationship. There's nothing wrong with me. I'm just not interested.

But I digress.

I'm thinking of introducing a new feature called the Playlist of the Week, to replace the shortlived Obsession of the Week. I'll take a song and Genius will mix it up for me, and I shall post it here. Why? Because I can. Also because PMA have started doing "Blog Wars" where two genius playlists based on the same song are put up against each other and readers vote for the best one and I loved the idea. I don't care about the voting, I just like to see what different playlists get mixed up. We'll see if I ever get around to it.

Oh yeah, this is quite amusing - James Montgomery wrote up some new year's resolutions musicians should have.

P.S. Matt Smith was in 'In Bruges'? Huh?

P.P.S. Amusing randomness here

P.P.P.S. "Nevertheless, the pteranodon was clearly very annoyed to find a rival in the Hub. It perched on the walkway outside the Hothouse, pecking at the top of the other dinosaur's head and screeching with rage." Hahahahahaha. Only in this fandom. It's mad. I love it.

Music: Law & Order theme music
Mood: Still bored
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. The comments on that anti-Who blog are the best part! Look at those Whovians rally!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knoooow. They're all up in arms, "To battle positions!"

    ReplyDelete