Wednesday, January 14, 2009

I break, you don't

I absolutely love nights like tonight – when it’s been so hot during the day that the darkness is a relief, and when I step outside, the air seems to wrap around me like a warm blanket, just perfect and comfortable. The sky is clear, and I can lie outside watching the stars all night, perfectly content. I wish it could stay like this forever.

Today was boiling, so hot in fact radiators were blowing up all over the road and one car even caught on fire. Luckily I was going to opposite way cause the traffic was just mayhem. I, for one, do not want to sit in an hour's worth of backed up traffic in 38 degree heat, my car hates standing still and powering the air-con at the same time - "my engine...too feeble...must stutter and lurch awkwardly forward..." It's fine when actually driving, just objects to stationary positions. Anywho. Sped quite a bit. This is going to get me in trouble. Again. I was thinking the other day it's a good thing I have the car I do, if I had a car with actual power I'd probably be quite a menace on the road. It runs in the family! It's not my fault, it's the genes! Would that defence hold up in court? There is such a raw, unsophisticated joy in speeding across an open road though. It's even better on a bike.

Spent the day at Lizzie's...did some window shopping, had a nice lunch, sprawled out and indulged in our favourite passtime of TARDIS adventures. As always, time well spent. Driving makes me lazy though.

I really have to clean my damn room tomorrow, it's been in chaos for a week now cause I keep saying I'll do a clean out tomorrow...unsurprisingly, tomorrow never comes. Yes! Lame pop reference award goes to me. Anywho. I don't want to work, typical. I haven't been paid, damn it. And I am craving ice cream, futile.

As always I am a shining example of not actually having a point.

Music:Claire de lune - Debussy
Mood: Relaxed
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. pah! It was ridiculously hot last night here. Far too hot to be comfortable let alone pensively stare at the stars.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was beautiful here, just the right temperature. I guess it all gets trapped up there with the mountains and the what not. We still get a bit of a sea breeze coming in here.

    ReplyDelete