Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Prone to cling and waste these things

So, as my mother would say, in for a penny, in for a pound. And basically, I can obsess like it's nobody's business.

Blame Abs for this one. Proper blog to follow.

Ten Reasons To Love Ianto Jones:
- He looks good in a suit (or a waistcoat, or jeans, or nothing…wait, what?)
- He is fiercely loyal (to a fault even) and non-judgmental
- He is resourceful
- He makes fantastic coffee
- He is good at looking after people (let’s face it, without Ianto, the Torchwood team would have died from dehydration, starvation, or possibly some disease caused by unsanitary conditions, long ago…also on a sidenote, see, in this show the basics are covered early on so no one ever has to ask “where do the they sleep?”)
- He’s wonderfully sarcastic, when he isn’t being emo, both incarnations are perfectly loveable though
- He isn’t obsessed with Gwen bloody Cooper
- He shot Owen (and looked amazing while doing so)
- He won’t take shit from people attacking his friends/loved ones (see: stun gun, head butting, ninja kicking, and power ranger style arm flailing)
- He knows everything (and it says so on the bottom of his computer screen *cough*)

Other pros include his gorgeous eyes (and lips, and he has a really cute nose, ok? I’m sorry but it's true) and he appears to randomly carry chocolate around, that is never a bad thing. The list can go on...and did I mention he looks good in a suit? Whoniverse = suit fetish.

Conclusion? Jack Harkness does not appreciate this man nearly enough. Really Jack, I love you and I realise you are a dashing, immortal, hopeless flirt with numerous issues (which is why I love you) but I honestly can’t bear to have much more of this pseudo-lusting after Gwen going on when you have the completely adorable Ianto around. Are you completely mad? I’d blame the Master, but you know, pesky time lines. Clearly Ianto has better taste…well, except for the whole hiding Lisa thing, but I said taste not judgement. I just feel Jack should either piss off with Gwen and leave the poor dude alone for me, or get over his subtle Gwenisms. I’m not by nature a shipper, but I am one for moving the hell on. Other than that, I still have a horrible suspicion that Ianto is going to perhaps move on more permanently come the next season, but I think RTD has a bit of a crush on Gareth, so it might be ok (this is one of the few times I will acknowledge there is an actor involved, it's easier if I just ignore that whole "fictional" bit). I doubt we really need the Jack and Gwen show o_o Don’t get me wrong, I’m not majorly anti-Gwen. She just tends to annoy me quite regularly…she’s always taking the moral high ground when she herself is anything but squeaky clean. And she always makes Jack feel guilty about things that are really not relevant cause she’s one of those well meaning but misguided nosy people, and he’s a susceptible fucked up idiot. Her character can sometimes be very inconsistent. The only voice of reason left really in this madness is Ianto, and considering he’s the battle-scarred nutter who dragged his cybernetic girlfriend out of a burning Torchwood One skyscraper (thanks for that by the way Doctor, I realise you were busy losing Rose and all, but it’s not always enough to just stop the monsters, sometimes the aftermath bears some thought too….for all his scorn for Torchwood, if it wasn’t for them cleaning/covering up half the time, who knows what could happened) and then nearly allowed her to kill everyone, that’s saying a lot about the mental state of this not-so-secret organisation.

What is it with secret organisations and not being secret? I mean things like the CIA and MI5/6 are meant to be “secret” but everyone knows about them…I guess what they do, and how they do it, is secret and that’s more important. Well, Torchwood qualifies under that description. It’s not “secret” in the sense that Peter Parker is Spiderman, or possibly the worst “secret” identity ever, Clark Kent as Superman. Glasses do not make an adequate disguise. I’m sorry, they just don’t. There’s no way they’d fool me if I was Lois Lane and spent that much time in his arms being rescued. What is wrong with that woman? Perhaps she is the one with vision issues.

And since I'm on the topic ANYWAY, look at this...
Photobucket
It's from shooting season 3. Makes you think things might be moving forward doesn't it? Look at the smile! It's all so indulgent. Except that it's just on set, and not actually in character. Sigh. How they enjoy toying with the fandom.

Music: Every me, every you - Placebo
Mood: Restless
Photobucket

1 comment: