Thursday, January 1, 2009

I can't remember when the earth turned slowly

Happy New Year!

Photobucket

I hope everyone had an eventful evening. I for one had a great time, but then I got to wear my blue leopard print tights which is where my expectations for the evening ended. I find this is a good way to go into anything, expectation free. Anyway, we had a nice dinner before hitting the Manning Bar, which had quite an awesome set-up (two floors with djs and bands, balcony with another stage, and a movie room where they showed things like 'Back to the Future', 'Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey' and 'Mallrats'), indie kid heaven. One guy wore a shirt declaring "I'm Old Gregg" so naturally I had to comment on it. Can't help myself. Randomness abounded. The Teenagers (French underground sensation, or so I am to understand, their lead singer appears to be some sort of cross between Forrest Kline and Gabe Saporta) counted us into the New Year, and they were followed on stage by British India who were swilling champagne out of the bottle. How rock and roll. We hit a slight snag on the way home where they wouldn't let us into Central Station and we had to stand around outside gathering numbers until we easily could have become an angry mob if everyone wasn't so partied out, but eventually we did manage to get on a train. In our infinite wisdom we then decided to walk home (waiting for a taxi would probably have taken an eon) and not one, but two, cars actually pulled over to solicit us. Not creepy at all then. But ah well, all's well that ends well. The night ended with improvised strawberry nesquick milkshakes and some weird Nickelodeon show. I'm still thoroughly convinced there must be nothing more mesmerizing than the Cartoon Network or the like when intoxicated.

Today passed in a lazy blur of Fellowship of the Ring extended edition viewing. I'm beginning to realise I'm completely exhausted and my throat hurts like all hell. Too late to have a nap though and too early to actually go to bed. My sleeping patterns are far too diffcult to regulate.

Sigh. It's going to take weeks before I get the date right again. Always fun.

Music: Spinning - Jack's Mannequin
Mood: Chilled
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment