Friday, January 2, 2009

Our lives are changing lanes

I decided to have a look at some of my blogs for last year, and well, a great deal really went down. Obsessions continued to strengthen, innocent stalking tendencies continued to make appearances, big moves were tentatively resolved to be made and nearly were [baby steps people].

In my 2008, there was freaking out over uni, a lot of working, a trip to South Africa and Soundwave upon my return home. I went to a bunch of random small gigs and events, also saw a few random plays at the Opera House and the Theatre Company. William Beckett cut his hair. Panic dropped the ! and morphed into hippies. The Jack Recker comic strip on Cyanide & Happiness made an impact. My bag was stolen, resulting in the acquisition of Jasper and Beckettoo. Mild lusting presented itself after Emo Boy and Mohawk Boy, the latter almost had an actual ending until girlfriend materialized. Serious lusting was done after the likes of Mat Devine and David Tennant. I met The Academy Is… boys and it was perfect. Serious obsessing was done over Doctor Who and Torchwood…oh and the Twilight saga. Breaking Dawn release party and fanfare. I fell in love with ‘Across the Universe’ and finally finished watching ‘Jericho’. I got a high distinction average for two uni classes. I came up with ‘Soliloquy’. Starbucks closed half their stores. I got my dad a Wii for his birthday and used it a lot more than he did, karma. Lots of weekends home alone. Lots of nights out. Lots of nerding out with Lizzie, and Caitlin still being around. World Youth Day and those annoying millions of pilgrims that took over the city and the mutant strains of flu they brought to the party. The Canyonero/Antichrist. Flair on Facebook! Procrastination! There was also serious pondering about the validity of moving out, redecorating, or just doing something, all of which came to nothing. There were also angsting and revelations. Then right at the end I got to gallivant around western Europe, and subsequently amble about the Musee D’Orsay and fall in love with Ireland and London. Last but not least, I got to hang out with Abbi. So in retrospect, 2008 was a great, full year.

So far 2009 is living up to the 'same old, same old' sentiment. My parents are annoying me. Mum lost her mobile. Oreo has visited the vet, got an injection and some meds, and will now hopefully get better. I'm considering embracing the flight part of the fight/flight instincts and fleeing the house tomorrow. Peace and quiet. Hmmm.

Right now though I am overwhelmed by the desire to go ice-skating. Is that weird? More importantly, will someone come with me?

Music: Reptilia - The Strokes
Mood: Bored
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. William Beckett cut his hair. Panic dropped the ! and morphed into hippies.

    Ha-ha! That made me laugh.

    "Reptilia" is a fabulous song.

    XoXo
    c.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's only funny because it's true! Also, I am far too emotionally invested in William Beckett's hair.

    ReplyDelete