Saturday, January 31, 2009

Here there be monsters

I spent most of yesterday sorting out the EPIC MESS that was my favourites folder. It was both amusing, frustrating, and perplexing. I often found I had no idea why I had even bookmarked some of this stuff in the first place - for example a search for "non-isometric" on Deviant Art. Um, what? I have serious issues. Abs can attest to this since I was clearly a bit loopy by 2am and was declaring my evil overlord status and doing the [virtual] can-can. It's all fun and games until your head explodes.

I did however discover the joys of iGoogle. And all the favourites are also adequately culled and back in nice folders now. It's sort of sad how content that makes me. Organisation my old friend!

A pressing question came up as I was doing this - does everyone in the entire universe have Twitter? I had an account but much like the myspace trend, I appear to be missing something. I find it funny considering I used to bombard my facebook status, then I decided to pull back a little since I figured people didn’t actually want to know when I was putting on my shoes. But things like Twitter are built around the notion that yes, it would appear that people do indeed want to know this...or that at least you want them to know it. Isn’t that just a teensy tiny bit narcissistic? Then again, I have a blog. I am under the delusion someone might care to read every miniscule rambling detail of my insignificant existence (which I realise is not what blogs were originally created) that I so eagerly record. So hey, perhaps the 21st century is destined to be the age of the narcissist.

Torchwood: Children of Earth will air in America on the same day as the UK, meaning American audiences will have almost no lag time in seeing the series. [from here]

Oh, and what century do you think us lonely sods here near Antarctica will get it? No one cares? Ah. Surprise.

I hate everywhere else.

You know what’s funny, I started this whole prompt/flash fiction business to spur on my creative productivity. Then Abs picked it up, and everyone then picked it up from her. So pretty much everyone has done more flash prompts than I have…and I’m the one who began the whole thing. Funny how life works sometimes. I really must get into that and stick to it *shakes fist at self*

“To be nobody but yourself-in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you somebody else-means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.” [e.e. Cummings]

Ha. I read the strangest review of 'Folie a Deux' in the Sunday paper the other day, it commented on the fact that there were guest artists along the lines of “Elvis Costello, and Panic at the Disco’s Brendon Urie.” As if it’s strange that Brendon should be on a FOB record. I wouldn’t have thought it even needed mentioning.

Today I purchased the first season of Life on Mars (the real one) for it was on sale. Give me a sale, and I shall entertain my whims without second thought.

I think I'm going on a road trip to Palm Beach on Wednesday. Should be interesting as long as I don't get us all killed in a fiery car wreck. Still, any adventure is better than none at all I suppose.

Music: Red Right Hand - The Arctic Monkeys
Mood: Nerdy
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment