Wednesday, January 21, 2009

The blue of your eyes was infinite

I have fallen madly in love with this jacket at General Pants Co. It is the single most amazing thing I have seen all month. It's almost like a denim jacket, black and shorter than I'd normally wear, but it has the double breast military buttons & detail. It's gorgeous. It's $200. I want it anyway. They don't have it on the website or I'd post a link.

Today was spent sleeping in [woke up early cause it was too hot but I switched on the air-con and went right back to bed] and resuming the "do something about this room!" resolve. Four garbage bags later and I have finally completed a half-assed cleaning. I could still do more, I know, I just don't have the energy atm. I did the clothes at least, that's something. The weekend will see that visit to Ikea to see what can be done about my book situation. I keep having to stop my dad from carrying them off to the garage. I'd appreciate it if he didn't nosy about my room, but this appears to be a vain wish.

The cleaning of my desk revealed some of the thousands of post-its and notepaper I scribble on, mainly stuff like this...

We always long for the forbidden things, and desire what is denied us
- Francios Rabelais

"Life is to stay in places and to leave…to trust, to distrust…to no longer believe and believe again…to watch the changes in the seasons…to be out in boats….to watch the snow come, to watch it go…to hear the rain…and to know where I can find what I want.”

- Hemingway

“In a closed society where everybody’s guilty, the only crime is getting caught. In a world of thieves, the only final sin is stupidity.”
- Thompson [Fear & Loathing]

"I fear neither pain nor death."
"What do you fear, my lady?"
"A cage, To stay behind bars until use and old age accept them and all chance of valor has gone beyond recall or desire."

- LOTR: The Two Towers [Eowyn & Aragorn]

I like to waste paper.

Oh, I have come up with some belated new year's resolutions as well:
- manage my money better
- exercise more consistently
- be more sociable
- finish soliloquy and season 1 of amped
- don’t forget what I’ve learned
- cook something other than pasta every 2 weeks

Short. Sweet. Predictable? But hell, surely it should be achievable. Except that I've kinda already screwed up the first two, but since I technically only made these up today, we can start now right? Well, maybe after I've acquired that jacket...haha this is such a lost cause. I am a slave to my consumerist impulses! It's a shame really.

Anyway, the last lot of Merlin episodes arrived today. Gives me something to do other than watch Torchwood episodes that make me tear up every time I watch it, which I have done a fair few times...

First though I am going to melt some cooking chocolate and dip marshmallows in it. Hmmm. Chocolate goodness.

Music: I don't believe you - The Magnetic Fields
Mood: Moody
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment