Monday, January 5, 2009

For tomorrow is a bright new day

Driving on auto-pilot. Getting my hair done. Having lunch while watching tv - toast, coffee, and NCIS. Work. Shuffle and repeat.

And so, life falls back into mediocre patterns of normality. But I won't be complacent. I feel different. Subtle, but there. Changes instilled by unavoidable circumstances and changes in scenery. One must capitalise, and take growth when it comes and where it comes.

Love a city with a pulse of its own.

I have now officially accepted my Honours place. Should know the finer details soon, along with exactly how much stressing this year is going to entail. Ah academics, why do I encourage you so? There must be something wrong with me.

I indulged in that deplorable hobby of mine last night where I raid poor unsuspecting artists' Myspaces. On the up side I now have a whole lot of Cage The Elephant, Black Kids, Frightened Rabbit, and The Brute Chorus. It's all good stuff and I could hardly resist. If anyone is to blame it's people who introduced me to these, so point the finger firmly at the United Kingdom. Continuing on this wave length, I am utterly obsessed with Glasvegas. Obsessed. So much so I actually bought the album on iTunes. Hello, revolution. I've never bought an album on iTunes before, I object to not having anything tactile to represent my purchase. But it was cheap, and I wanted it now. So, who am I to argue with the demanding voices in my head? No one (Naboo), that's who.

Anyway, tomorrow it is reportedly going to be a nice and toasty forty degrees. Conclusion - I will definitely not be walking to the station as originally planned...I don't want to subject someone to scraping my melted form off the pavement.

Music: Lonesome Swan - Glasvegas
Mood: It be warm and humid out there, the lethargy! It comes!
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. NABOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I got a bad feeling about dis.

    Can I have Glasvegas pleeeeeeeeeze?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Course dude. Soon as I've done The Vines and Bedlight for you :)

    ReplyDelete