Monday, January 26, 2009

Glaciers melting in the dead of night

I am sipping cane passionfruit and lemonade while watching the sun fade from the sky. Which would be infinitely more summery if there weren’t this many clouds about. Ah well. In spirit, it’s a good endeavour. It is Australia Day after all.

I was pondering going to see Slumdog Millionare with Em tonight, but as I have now been co-erced into drinking, this is not going to happen. Until I get off my ass and go for my full licence anyway, then I can have one drink at least and still be legal. But as of this moment, I shall remain home bound. Not necessarily a bad thing since I ache all over for some unfathomable reason.

Another thing that is unfathomable is the amount of crap I manage to accumulate. I've resumed the doomed clean out this afternoon and bloody hell, where did all this stuff come from? I am beginning to suspect there is a vortex, black hole, or temporal displacement active under my bed.

Other than that, I've had a good weekend. Lizzie came over yesterday and we headed into the city for some madness. There was shopping involved which led to the purchase of the aforementioned jacket at General Pants. It is love. Unfortunately, as is my lot in life, I also saw another jacket that took my fancy. Leather. Even more expensive. It be here. Won't know if it's worth sinking money into until I've actually tried it on. What can I say, I've got a thing for military style clothing. I'm also a total jacket whore. We also saw Revolutionary Road which was wholly depressing. Really. The evening was topped off with dinner at one of my favourite harbourside cafes, all the while watching the Australia Day celebrations happening around Darling Harbour. So all in all, it was a very nice night.

I finally went to Ikea with my mum today. I found a cd/dvd shelf that should solve my current problem - I've moved all my books onto my current shelving unit so there are now some 120 plus homeless cds lying around. I figured this is an easy solution. Especailly since we are definitely running out of dvd space, and they are all pretty much my dvds...what can you do. Although while shopping about, we got thinking it would be nice to buy a whole new shelving unit that matched my desk and the new shelf, and then get a new bed to match all that. Wonderful, 'cept for the little issue of not being made of Ikea vouchers. The bed I was eyeing optimistically was on sale for $200 but sadly only comes in white. Epic fail crazy Swedish furniture people, epic fail. They continued with their epic failure by not having any double sized bedding available and also by being temporarily out of the dvd shelf I wanted. Bah! So now that I know what I want, I have to wait until they get it in again...whenever that may be. In the meantime I've issued a trip warning for the spare room lest someone send my cds sprawling everywhere. There will be hell to pay if a case gets broken, I don't care about any sprained limbs in the process. As always, I am rational and show a clear grasp of healthy priorities.

That paragraph makes little to no sense. Ramble, ramble.

Well, guess that's it...lots more clearing out to be done *weeps*

Music: Supermassive Black Hole - Muse
Mood: Groggy
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. I always misheard that song as "Red shoes melting in the dead of night", silly me.

    There is a inverse Rift underneath your bed.

    Slumdog Millionare is fantastic, go watch.
    I was squirming all through the ads for Revolutionary Road, not really suprised that the long version is just the same.

    "That paragraph makes little to no sense. Ramble, ramble."- finally you've lost your enviable composure and eloquence. But not really, because it made perfect sense.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's ok, originally I always though it was "black ships melting in the dead of night"...it really doesn't sound much like "glaciers"

    ReplyDelete