Sunday, January 4, 2009

Still not ginger though

New Doctor, new Doctor, new Doctor, new Doctor.

Photobucket

As this is my first time really having to deal with a "new" Doctor, it's all rather strange. Still, I am glad that they cast a relative unknown actor in the part. Some of those rumours flying around were terrifying (Robert Pattison? James McAvoy? John Simm? Ok I love the last one, but there is no possible way that would ever have been plausible). Not to mention those "he'll be a girl!" rumours, now that was just weird. It helps that with every regeneration, the Doctor changes traits as well, so it's not so much trying to copy and replace David, but making a whole new thing out of it. Whoever came up with this concept showed some great foresight [I'm becoming more and more enamored with the finer details of the Whoniverse, such as scripting and production, they really are just so good, just the most miniscule details that are considered amazes me]. No one could fill David's chucks, but I'm hoping Matt brings some different footwear to the table, perhaps some red Mat Devine-esque Doc Martens? I'm willing to give the guy a shot. Although, I am firmly of the opinion that with Steven Moffat now in charge, regular nervous breakdowns will occur - a creepy as hell emotional rollercoaster! Fun.

All these hour long specials I have to content myself with this year will drive me mad though. And five episodes of Torchwood? I was already struggling with withdrawal last year, how am I supposed to survive this? Bah. Obsessions. It'll age you before your time.

Anyway, I can't spend yet another day lounging around in my pjs. Even though it is my last day of "holiday". Shopping to be done! Allonsy!

Music: the NCIS theme song
Mood: Awake
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment