Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Oh I’m so clever until my paranoia kicks in

I won’t be the lonely one
Sitting on my own and sad
A fifty year old
Reminiscing what I had
I won’t be the lonely one
Sitting on my own and sad
Forget your dad, he's gone


And repeat. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat.

My mum, since she now works in IT with the loveable nutters [I have dubbed Danny and Paul as Mac and PC after those Apple ads], has access to all this stockpile of tv shows on the main work server. She’s already brought home ‘The IT crowd’ and ‘Big Bang Theory’ and so, never one to miss an opportunity, I sent her a list of shows I’m interested in. Apparantly PC took one look at my list and proclaimed “She has to be a Doctor Who fan”. This was the list….

* Merlin
* Life on Mars
* The Tudors
* Rome
* Blackpool
* Black Books
* Weeds
* Firefly
* Nevermind the Buzzcocks (wild stab in the dark)

…I think it’s ‘Blackpool’ that gave it away in the end. I concede most of it is British but I insist that this is because British Television still make vague attempts at having shows with scripts as opposed to the reality TV and celebrity driven crap the US is largely responsible for [of course there are exceptions, I understand things like 'Arrested Development' are well worth your time]. Anyway, they only have the US version of ‘Life on Mars’ which means nothing to me, cause hello, John Simm’s the driving force here, but they do have Merlin. Huzzah. Also, apparantly PC has a lot of the shows at home on DVD so next time I see him, I shall gently persuade him to let me borrow them. Nerd fellowship!

In other news, I’m still sadly enamored of Mac and it still sucks majorly.

I was wondering today how exactly it happened that I fell into this whole sci-fi nerdom. One day I was minding my own business, the next I’m flailing over everything. I blame Star Wars and the void left by Lord of the Rings.

I spent the afternoon shopping with Lizzie. It was goooood. I am slightly disappointed with Myer’s lack of anything appealing, and with general shoe options - it’s all been rather lacking. Just Jeans has by far the best fashion selection this summer, I’ve identified almost $200 worth of gear I’d like to acquire - like this, this, and this, among others. Yeah I know, I'm terrible. Oh and they have those red acid wash Levi’s on clearance! The jeans of destiny! Even though they are as uncomfortable as all hell, I can’t help feeling that I was meant to own those jeans. Pair of Docs and long singlet and they'll be right.

In the end the only thing I bought was Doctor Who season 4 cause it was greatly discounted at JB. The Doctor > Work Shirts. Oh and I got two Torchwood books cause Lizzie is awesome. I can combat some of the withdrawal with dodgy sanctioned fanfiction. I know it’s wrong, but I can’t help myself.

Music: It’s my own cheating heart that makes me cry - Glasvegas
Mood: Optimistic
Photobucket

2 comments: