Tuesday, January 20, 2009

I'm not one for love songs

Another sleepless night. See this is why I never to actually go to bed before midnight, there’s no point. I will just lie there, tossing and turning, until 2am anyway. The way I see it, I might as well get something done. Unsurprisingly, getting up at 7 was painful and I was well settled into a zombified state. We weren’t very busy tho, so it was ok really, I did have a slight brain meltdown trying to figure out how to work the new fax machine which may have taken longer than it should have, but hey, I got there in the end and that is the important part.

One of the worst things about working at a doctor’s, other than seeing the elderly weakly batting death off with their walking sticks, is meeting some lovely fantastic people who want to have kids, but who can’t. I always get sort of upset at this, it’s one of the cruelest things about the universe. I mean there are people out there, loving, caring people, with the potential to be wonderful parents, and they never get the opportunity. Then you have these people who really shouldn’t be procreating in the first place who have like twenty kids…where is the justice in that? Adopting isn’t an easy thing either, and it breaks my heart a little, thinking how difficult this is for no apparent reason. Life is a cruel mistress.

Bleakness aside, another “heat wave” has rolled in. I’ve spent the day inside in airconditioned mediocrity and am really disappointed I did, cause when I went outside at 5 it was absolutely gorgeous. I mean sure it’s hot, but I’m not actually going to be moving, am I? I just want to sit on the grass and soak up the summer-y goodness. Fresh air! Sunshine! Summer breeze! Like I said, it was gorgeous. Instead I spent my day in front of the tv/computer…such a waste!

Really not surprising then that I’m bored as all hell. People tend to get a little frazzled this time of year and my patience is often put to the test. All I want to do is go out there and have fun. I want to feel that lazy summer night quality the city always does so well. Get dressed up, laugh, be both silly and grown up. Be everything and nothing in a moment. I want to feel that energy…the longer I stay still, the more the apathy gets its claws in.

Not long ago, I gave up hope
But you came along,
You gave me something I could hold on to
And I want you
More than you can ever know


I give thee proof of my boredom -


Which Torchwood Character Are You?
Your Result: Ianto Jones

You most resemble the team's composed, sarcastic general support. Passionate but excellent at hiding it under a reserved exterior, you care deeply about people and have a hard time letting go. The downside of keeping such a tight leash on your external emotions is that sometimes you lose control and have to let it all out. Competent and hard-working, you like to be on top of things.

Toshiko Sato
Gwen Cooper
Captain Jack Harkness
Owen Harper
Which Torchwood Character Are You?
Quiz Created on GoToQuiz


Hahahaha. Like I said before - awkward, sarcastic, receptionist.

Music: The World's got it's shine (but I would drop it on a dime) - Cobra Starship
Mood: Weird
Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Maybe try cutting out caffeine after 4pm? Also, if I hop in bed and can't sleep after half an hour of chewing my pillow I get back up again and read or check my email until I feel tired.

    If I'm not working on Monday [being Australia Day] would you like me to sleep over so we can go and experience the summer in the city? Note: It's meant to be a lot cooler on Sunday, cruel fate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not caffeine. Caffeine has never affected my sleeping habits at all, too desensitized to it I guess. I just...don't sleep sometimes. Stupid insomnia.

    That would be awesome dude. I just love summer nights in the city. Dinner at a harbour cafe, some wine maybe, a wander around the harbour, ice cream, a cocktail, all ended with a random ferris wheel ride? Hmm? Bad date material, I know, but it's enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gwen Cooper??? Gwen Cooper? I came out as bloody Gwen Cooper... I'm off to kill myself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww! Don't be like that, Gwen has some good qualities - she's caring, empathetic, strong-willed, never-let-go...that's not so bad is it?

    ReplyDelete