Friday, January 30, 2009

Still waters run deep

$2439 for tickets, with the staff discount, it should come in at little over a thousand. Take tube to Victoria, then National Express (£18, easy). Hotel for two nights. It's *counts on fingers* about six weeks off...so that's little under two thousand's worth of pay. So somewhere I'd need to get at least another thousand. Then we're good to go. Two 20+ hour flights in the space of four days? Sure why not. Clearly sanity has nothing to do with this. Although all things considered, it would be cheaper to stick to the LA delusion.

Ah the joys of my imagination and internet booking forms...whyyyy can't I actually do things like this? And what's even more painful is I can actually get straight flights! No connections! I loathe connections so, so much. I never want to get off the damn plane, I'm usually just nice and comfy when they make me collect all my crap again. Bah.

My impulsive side is in overdrive. I feel two minutes away from running off to the first thing that takes my fancy (I'm someone who would probably have run off to join the circus as the stories go). It's both impractical and unaffordable. The fact that I am hampered in my desire to run wild and free by a lack of funds is beyond frustrating and annoying. I don't want to be a controlled by this! I want to go and be and do. I want to be an obsessive nutcase, because being an obsessive nutcase is FUN. It's interesting. It's entertaining. It adds spice to life if you will. After all, life is boring without little things to get you sidetracked. I want to indulge them, is that really such a terrible thing? It's times like these that I cling to the Chemical Holiday - proof that it can be done. It was mad and obsessive and needs to occur more often.

Sigh. As Scar would say, "Life's not fair, is it?"

There is this car that drives past work that sounds exactly like a TIE-Fighter. Add this to this one construction truck that sounds like the TARDIS when stopping at the lights and I work in a bloody space port.

***

Mercutio: We waste our nights in vain, like lamps by day.
Take our good meaning, for our judgement sits
Five times in that ere once in our five wits.
Romeo: And we mean well in going to this masque,
But 'tis no wit to go.
Mercutio: Why, may one ask?
Romeo: I dreamt a dream tonight.
Mercutio: And so did I.
Romeo: Well, what was yours?
Mercutio: That dreams often lie.
Romeo: In bed asleep, while they do dream things true.
Mercutio: O, then I see Queen Mab has been with you [...]
Romeo: Peace, peace, Mercutio, peace! Thou talkest of nothing.
Mercutio: True. I talk of dreams;
Which are the children of an idle brain,
Begot of nothing but vain fantasy...

Music: The hum of the airconditioner
Mood: Envious
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. I think if you had unlimited money we would have lost you by now... you probably would have found a band and paid for their tour and then got bored and bought a circus and then taken off on a motorbike to see where you ended up and then staged your own Doctor Who convention... lol!

    We could potentially just pack up and do something nuts when I come and visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scarily enough, that sounds about right. I totally would do such things. I was watching Donald Trump on tv earlier with mum and grumbling, "I bet if Donald Trump wants to go to LA for a weekend, he just goes, he doesn't have to sit around and complain, *grumbles*"

    ReplyDelete