Tuesday, January 13, 2009

We can turn our backs on the past

Holy crap, am I glad not to be working tomorrow. Today was epically boring. I had to go to great lengths to amuse myself. I hate that. I've got more than enough stuff to keep me busy at home, it always feel like a huge waste when I'm just sitting there, pulling staples out of files. I really need to start taking either Soliloquy or Amped stuff with me. Probably be better with the former, since that's going to be graded eventually.

My neighbours and I had a music battle this afternoon. It started with the front neighbours blasting Hybrid Theory. It took me a while to figure out where it was coming from cause I could not believe my next door neighbour's kids would be listening to Linkin Park, even if it was some manifestation of teen angst since I have after all witnessed them dancing to Soulja Boy's 'Crank That' (an afternoon where homicide seemed like a very attractive option). This was shortly followed by those very same kids playing Katy Perry. As I was trying to wash my car, I needed music too. At first I was merely listening to Glasvegas on my iPod, but after the hose got involved, I switched to the car cd player...to counterbalance all the music happenings around me, I went for Viva la Cobra! I think it went down well. What did not go down so well however is the bloody sunburn I now have on my back. ME. Sunburn. What. The. Hell. Perhaps it has been too long since my skin has seen natural light and it immediately reacted. I don't know, I never burn normally. And it's just my back, the rest of me is as translucent as ever. It should be nice and brown by Thursday, but it's still very strange. I was completely shocked when I caught sight of myself in the mirror, I couldn't understand why I was red, I though I'd scratched myself or something. Idiot. An unamused idiot, but still.

I watched the most bizarre episode of Starsky & Hutch today, which had some significant homoerotic undertones. It was very, very strange. I don't normally watch it so I have no idea if it's always like this, or whether it was just this particular episode. I sat there looking at it in a confused manner as I often do with these seventies tv shows, and asked my mother if she was finding it as dodgy as I was. She concurred. Ah, my poor long suffering mother.

Oh, speaking of, you know that resolution I had at the start of the week? Yeah, well screw that. I have the Christmas Special. Epic amounts of GLEE. Mum gave me her flash drive and I thought it was the next lot of Merlin episodes, so I'm innocently opening it and what do I see but Doctor Who goodness. I am ashamed to admit some loud exclamations were involved. PC got it for me. Have I mentioned how much I love those IT boys? I'm going over to Lizzie's tomorrow and will watch it then *happy sigh*

It's funny cause mum rang me this afternoon and the conversation went something like this:
"What are you doing?"
"Um, well I washed my car, and now I'm watching tv."
"You're watching Torchwood, aren't you?"
"Wha - I - um - yeah *sheepishly* Bloody torchwood."
"*sigh* PC gave me some more stuff for you."
"Oh cool, thanks! What do you want for dinner?"

My mum is really quite good in putting up with all my crap.

Since I broke the resolution, and I find this quite amusing in it's randomness, I was watching Doctor Who on UKTV ('The Unquiet Dead') and accidentally hit the wrong button so it jumped to ABC where ironically Party Animals was on, causing me to go "Heeeey, it's Matt Smith!" It was all very appropriate and amusing in that "six degrees of seperation" kind of way.

Music: The World Has It's Shine - Cobra Starship
Mood: Content
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. I think you should take it upon yourself to musically educate your neighbour's kids!

    And there is no escape from the Whoniverse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think they are beyond education, they're all wannabe gangsta

    ReplyDelete