Friday, January 23, 2009

Is this a blackout or am I losing my sight?

I get so sick of repeating myself. And having to put up with all this...this *waves hands around in all-encompasing fashion*...stuff.

I've spent the entire day feeling like a semi-trailer ran over my head, stopped, considered my predicament, then reversed to do it again. In short, we are not amused.

Today was another waste of time on my behalf. Work was ridiculously busy, and I spent the afternoon in a stupor finishing White Night. Finally. That took forever. I didn't really get into it all, usually with the Dresden Files I get through them in three days max cause it builds a certain level of tension and mystery and whatever so I just push through it, but this one did nothing for me at all really. It's still a worthy read though, if only for the Star Wars and Lord of the Rings jokes I never tire of.

It was another scorcher again too. Which is partly why I got nothing done, I wasn't going to saunter about if it wasn't really necessary. I feel sorry for all the people at the big day out today. I usually feel sorry for them cause its usually this hot and humid. Now I love music as much as one person physically can, but there is no way I'd be standing around the homebush concrete jungle all day in this weather. I'd be a puddle of goo sticking to people's shoes in no time flat. Can you imagine being in a mosh in this? Holy hell no.

Hm. Mum got a bunch of holiday photos printed. Looking at it makes my heart ache a little, I have always adored Europe. Lately I find myself missing London so much at times it defies any real eloquent expression. I never thought I would but hey, what can you do. I love Sydney, with all my heart. But I can love two things at once, surely.

Blah. I feel completely worse for wear. I suspect there might be an alien parasite nesting in my brain. Suddenly overwhelmingly tired as well.

I have so much I have to do...responsibilities I have to attend to, and soon. I keep putting things off and while procrastination is fine, these things have no deadlines and if I don't slap myself into action, things will probably never get done. Besides, January is almost over, shocking as that is. But hey, long weekend at least. Not going to hear me arguing with that.

Understatement of the day goes to this genius comment I found over at BBC America :
You know there's actually a lot of background Torchwood stuff happening in Doctor Who. It actually helps understand Torchwood better.
Wow. Who would have thunk it?

That's actually kinda bitchy of me isn't it? Well...guess I'm in a bitchy kinda mood.

Music: Infinitely late at night - The Magnetic Fields
Mood: Crappy...mind-fuck-alien-after-effect crappy.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment