Sunday, January 18, 2009

So there I was, killing them softly with my song

My neighbourhood has gone into noise-overdrive mode this weekend, for reasons unknown. It's just one chaotic cacophony after another, starting with someone doing burnouts with a truck in their yard at 11pm on Friday. Brilliant. Just. Brilliant.

I went shopping yesterday and managed to stay in the budget I had imposed on myself. Shock and awe. Got a denim skirt and top from Just Jeans, as well as a [fire engine] red button up shirt for work, a bracelet, and three singlet/tank tops. I'm in the mood for that kinda thing this summer. Now next paycheck is going towards the purchase of Doc Martens. That's right. Finally. Either black or Mat-Devine-Red, haven't decided yet. Black is probably more versatile. Either way, it'll be that mid-length.

Watched a Bond film just shy of midnight last night, I'm not sure which on it was but the girl in it was gorgeous. Not the Bond girl, the villian's girl, the one who tries to kill him. I mean, really, gorgeous. And psychotic. Not surprising really.

I've spent the day floating about the Sutherland shire in a long black dress, wedges, and pink scarf. At one point I even had pink carnations. I'm not quite sure why I did any of this, but it filled a lot of time. The rest of the time was spent sleeping...feeling less than well. I blame my mother. If she makes me sick again I am going to be very, very upset. I still havent cleaned out my room. In short, there is no hope for me.

Currently considering purchasing another big bookshelf from Ikea to replace my half-length one that also masquerades as dressing table. I can't have all my books lying around and I can't bear to part company with them to put them in the garage or somewhere. I think we should move. Funnily enough, mum's been looking at houses, found a gorgeous one bit further north with a swimming pool and 5 bedrooms, hmmm private study for me. Only problem is it's in the middle of nowhere...and stupidly expensive, but hey that's the property market for ya. Still, I can indulge in some wishful thinking if I want. It is rather sad that my room can so regularly depress me. This house was clearly designed by a male. Epic fail, designer, epic fail.

About a boy is on tonight. As always I am tempted to watch it even though I have it on dvd. I have such love for that movie. Oh shut up, you're wounding my soul!

Music: That goddamn Life on Mars ad
Mood: Tired
Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. My vote is for Mat Devine red!

    Oh to be gorgeous and psychotic. It's the dream!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah but would the red ones go with say...the leopard print tights?

    Pretty and psycho. That's my type it would seem ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wore my blue cowboy boots with the red leopard tights so why not?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh true. Also, it doesnt seem to deter Mat, he lives in his pair.

    ReplyDelete