Friday, February 6, 2009

The world keeps turning

Currently at work trying not to sit on the edge of the seat. Despite intense and frequent sunscreen application, as is often the case, one spot was neglected and now the back of my thighs are less than comfortable. It isn't as bad as it could be, merely a bit red and sensitive to touch, so I'm trying to avoid it wherever I can. On the other hand, the rest of me didn't burn at all. This is probably the most sun I've seen in years. My back has gone a shade of light dusty brown I've forgotten I'm capable of. Think that'll be the end of it now, unless the heat keeps up.

It was definitely one of our smarter decisions to camp out at the beach yesterday - it wasn't nearly as hot at the water as it was everywhere else. There was a good (if sometimes annoying) breeze, and for the first hour we merely floated along in the water so we were set for the rest of the day - 2 till 5.30. We were being quite juvenile at times though, but hey, what can you do? By we, I mean Roze and I...suspect we were driving Em a bit mad for a bit there. Let is also be said innuendo ran rampant. It's shocking really. Anyway, pizza at Roze's and she wouldn't let us leave! It was mad!

Tonight we're off to a 21st. I have no idea what to wear. It's billed as a cocktail party but its at her house, so I have no idea how formal we're going. At the moment my options are the polka dot dress, which I suspect might be a little too informal, or the Panic dress (aka the hooker dress to my family). Seeing as this is also going to be a high school reunion of sorts (a lot of ex class mates are invited), I don't know what would be appropriate. Bah. I'll try them both on and decide.

I'm really not in the mood to go. It's too hot out at her place for one thing. A quiet evening at home wouldn't be a bad thing, but I guess I don't have much of a choice.

Sigh.

I really don't like working Saturdays.

Music: Traffic
Mood: m'tired
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment