Monday, February 9, 2009

Shelter me genius words

New Green Day album due out May. Which means a tour, hopefully. Which means I can revert back to being my thirteen year old self, and drown in memories of songs, and albums, and pretending to study when I was really listening to this band on repeat through my headphones.

***

There was a sense of disappointment as we left the mall. All the young people looked the same. Wearing their masks of cool and indifference. Commerce dressed up as rebellion. 'Cause we're so handsome and we're so bored. So entertain us, tell me a joke. Make it long, make it last. Make it cruel, just make me laugh. We can't be hurt. Drink to forget your blues on the weekend. Think about more things to buy. The TV taught me how to sulk and love nothing. And how to grow my hair long. 'Cause we're so handsome and we're so bored. So entertain us, tell me a joke. Make it long, make it last. Make it cruel, just make me laugh. We can't be hurt. So why do you go picking fights that you'll lose? When you have entertainment. When you have things to pass the time. So why do you go thinking thoughts that are above you? You can be happy just playing dumb. Well I was brave (and unique), intelligent (a snowflake). I could have been a hero. No-one can be trusted under the age of fourteen. Tattoo our arms (Converse shoes), cynical (But we still do it). We tell ourselves we're different. I've gotten so good at lying to myself. All my pain and honour is used up. All my guns are rusted. So when you gonna realise those are not your wrongs to right?Have another line, have another drink. I am a martyr, I just need a motive. I am a martyr, I just need a cause. I'm a believer, I just need a moment. I'm a believer, I just need a cause. We're finding it hard to break the mould. We're finding it hard to be alone. We're finding it hard to atone ourselves. We have nothing at all to say. Uniform.

Music: Uniform - Bloc Party
Mood: Doubtful, uncertain, and cynical
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment