Wednesday, February 11, 2009

The red ones make me fly, and the blue ones let me fall

I’ve been worrying my bottom lip lately and now (unsurprisingly) it’s sore. I like that phrase, though I find it a bit weird - worrying. It’s not really something you’d use in everyday conversation. Kind of like maudlin. I never used to see that very often, yet lately I’ve come across it all over the show. I find that very peculiar about language, the trends and apparently whimsical comings-and-goings of phrases.

Spent the entire morning in bed. It’s overcast, windy, and a little chilly, so all I wanted to do was snuggle deeeeep into my blankets. Eventually had to concede defeat and find food, but far be it for me strain myself - I camped out on the couch to watch Life on Mars. I don’t know if it is actually meant to be as funny as I find it or whether I’m just deranged. Either way, I enjoy it. Although Sam Tyler clearly never read this brochure (continues here, here, and here). And he is such a fanboy. It’s adorable. I may possibly be a little in love with him.

I know, I know. Another one.

Anyway, am going out so I’ve actually gotten dressed. Just have to make dinner now and then set to go.

See what I mean about the nocturnal thing though? Who only starts “getting ready for the day” at 4.30? It’s completely impractical!

Music: Headfirst for Halos - My Chemical Romance
Mood: Mellow
Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. I fell for Sam Tyler a while back. Gorgeous man.
    What I don't understand is that the Big British Castle has two massively popular Time Travel series both running at the same time, in which the main characters are both called "Tyler". This is very odd.

    "maudlin"- I never say this, and yet constantly think it.
    Meanwhile I always say "yes, I think I better had." and love saying it and also love thinking it, so thats...interesting.

    "I’ve actually gotten dressed" *claps wildly*

    My Chemical Romance- ARGHHHHHHHHHHHH, irritation at our (seemingly) only difference, intrest wise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed it is very odd. The key to success clearly has something to do with time travel.

    It's an achievement for me to get dressed on my day off! Why should I, after all? I realised today I have to go back to uni in two weeks, so I'm desperately making the most of it.

    Hahaha. But it's MCR! Don't worry tho, I'm used to being scoffed at for this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who doesn't get MCR... it's MC frigging R... I'm sorry... I have concussion... I'm a nice person really...

    Why would anyone get dressed before 4.30 if you weren't going anywhere?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Precisely! Who gets dressed? Lol. Don't you ever get scoffed at for your MCR fandom? I do all the time. It appears to be a knee-jerk reaction.

    ReplyDelete
  5. knee-jerk reaction mixed with hours of thoughtfully pondering why my Biology partner would want to protractor her arm into a living shrine to Mr Way. And paper her books with pictures of, frankly, bad Cure impersonators and talk non-stop about them and how funny and cute they are and only listen to their music: like literaly nothing else is contained within her ipoddage but MCR. She also skipped school and went with the 40 other MRC followers to the airport to say goodbye to them.
    I have given them a chance, downloaded their music and have to say, I like a total of one song "Cancer", which is really too maudlin, but still, it's nice.

    I once read a Ten/Gerard fanfic which opened my eyes somewhat. You should have seen/read it when Jack met Gerard, hilarity, as they say, ensued.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha, well three of my friends and I went off for four days during their last tour so we could go to the Brisbane and Melbourne shows, as well as Sydney. MCR have a very peculiar following, it does seem to inspire some fanatacism.

    Although if you have to put up with it in Biology all the time, I can see why it would be annoying, especially if you don't like it to begin with. So much sympathy there. She really should listen to other stuff though, it's not healthy to limit oneself. You don't like Early sunsets over Monroeville? I mean if you like Cancer...or Disenchanted? That's a good song. Ah well, to each their own :)

    OH GOD. Jack and Gerard? No freaking way (ha, way). That is...disturbing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I met one of the coolest people I know in a MCR gig queue... that enough makes them worth loving... also no one ever scoffs at me over music. I know so much more about music that anyone I know that I can crush them like bugs... mwahahahhahahahaha... *still concussed*

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha ah yes, concussions are fun aren't they? Brings out that trusty music nazi. While I am widely known to be the go-to person for all things music, I still get scoffed at...usually along the lines of "I can't believe you listen to MCR/FOB/Panic/Etc!" I, apparantly, should know better.

    ReplyDelete