Monday, February 16, 2009

Good authors too who once knew better words now only use four letter words

Is this going to be another Cole Porter obsession without preliminaries?
Obsessions don't have preliminaries.


I have spread my Doctor Who obsession to mum’s work! To the point where one of the guys referred to someone as a Slitheen and sent my mother into hysterical laughter. Seeeee, my persistence pays off. Mwahaha *tents fingers* Excellent.

On the more sane side of life, I dusted off the Wii fit like I said I would – shock horror – and I am absolutely amazed that I seem only to have gained 0.1kg, and this was just after I’d had breakfast. I couldn’t believe it. I’ve been feeling so…blah (ever the eloquent writer) lately but I suppose this has more to do with my lack of physical activity and the steady liquefaction of my muscles, as opposed to actual weight gain. But I did do all that binge eating a few weeks ago…don’t know what’s up with that. Anyway, muscles are aching so I feel optimistic now, there is hope!

The slight air of optimism forced me to pull out my John Frida shampoo this morning. I don’t use it anymore because it’s complete hell on my colour, but I wanted to feel good and that shampoo makes me feel divine. It smells like coffee and chocolate, my favourite things, how can you go wrong? It does however instil a weird drive to eat my hair…but anyway.

I also bought like a gazillion flowers to fuel the bright spark of enthusiasm. They’re all on sale after Valentine's, and sure their life span probably leaves something to be desired, but they’re gorgeous and I love having flowers in the house.

Just got an email from uni (finally!) saying I can get my concession card on Thursday. Since I have to go in, I’m going to check if there are any readers this semester, pick them up early. Might as well get in to it, resigned to my fate as I am.

Oh, I forget to mention yesterday that there was this absolutely adorable emo boy working at the video store. Well, I say adorable cause he was doing that shy, withdrawn thing emo boys do so well and I just wanted to cuddle him like one would a puppy. Anyway, when I pointed this out to my mum, she sort of told me off for putting a label on him. I was flabbergasted, usually the righteous indignation on this subject is my area...and really, if anyone has earned the right to call something emo, it would be me. And I mean come on, if you’re wearing skinny jeans, band shirts, and have long black hair that covers half your face, you know you’re going to get called emo. I hate labels too, but the fact of the matter seems to be that it's unavoidable, and the best you can do is simply not put any value on it other than its existence as a mere superficial feature. Hell, I’ve been called emo a fair few times myself. I’ve made my peace with labels, I’ll use them as I see fit.

Huh. I don’t know why people are making such a huge deal over this Blink reunion. I’m a bit “whatever” about it since they made such a drama over the break up in the first place, acting like a bloody soap opera, and they probably only re-united because they realised they weren’t doing nearly as well with their separate bands than they were together. But I will reserve judgement until we hear some music.

I seem to have apparently somehow managed to get myself roped into dancing classes. That should be something to behold.

Random quotage of the day –
Jerry: What’s going on?
George: Siege mentality, Jerry. They really want me out. They’ve downgraded me to some sort of a bunker. It's like Hitler’s last days here!
Jerry: So, are you going to leave?
George: Oh no! I’m vigilant. They’ll never get me out. I’m like a weed, Jerry.
Jerry: I thought you’re like Hitler in the bunker?
George: I’m a weed in Hitler’s bunker.
Jerry: I’m getting a little uncomfortable with the Hitler stuff here.

Music: Anything Goes - Caroline O'Connor
Mood: Hopeful
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment