Monday, February 23, 2009

I really should be sleeping

I had a feeling this week was going to be difficult. I believe there is even a twitter update to that effect. Yet again life proves hat sometimes you really should just listen to that little voice in the back of your head. You know which one I mean, the glass half empty one.

My uni has royally screwed me over. While on my lunchbreak I got a charming email informing me they have moved my Tuesday morning class to Thursday afternoon. They are "Sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused." Hmm. Inconvenience. Let us ponder this for a second. I have annoyed everyone at work, the other girl was super nice about it and agreed to swap shifts with me so she would work all day Tuesdays (and I'd have to work all day Mondays) so I could attend my two classes. Now, of course, it was all for nothing. As I work Thursday afternoons, this means I now somehow have to get her to swap with me again, messing up her schedule (nevermind mine) again, and if she can't, which is completely understandable seeing how much I've jerked her around thanks to UTS, I'll have to drop the day. This means not only do I get paid less, but I also won't be working three days straight. Which is just wrong ok? How am I meant to know wtf is going on if I'm never actually there? I could have strangled someone when I got that email. It's the complete hopeless situation this dumps me in that annoys me more than anything, since it's not like I can complain to anyone. They won't change it back just because it inconveniences me (even though I'm pretty sure the only reason they changed it in the first place was because it was inconveniencing the lecturer). They'd just laugh and cry "get back in line minion!" Or something along those lines. Of course, this completely blows any plans I had for trips in the next month. It just wouldn't be feasible amongst all this madness. Stupid uni.

Naturally, my laptop is playing hide-and-seek again, so I couldn't even get online tonight. Didn't help the bad mood much. Watched a replay of the Oscars ceremony instead (this poor sucker had to work while it was on live). I have to admit, I quite liked it. It wasn't nearly as boring as I usually found it, and it all seemed really elegant and...intimate. Also, Hugh Jackman. Enough said really. The man is delectable. He can do no wrong! I was drooling shamelessly while watching him do that musical number and realised something. I would kill to see Hugh and John Barrowman in a musical together. I think I might spontaneously combust. Someone remind me to pitch this to Hugh if I see him hanging around Bondi.

Next mission - world domination.

Anyway. I'm still heading into the city early tomorrow. I thought of maybe catching a movie before class but nothing I want to see runs at a good time. Bah. Shopping instead, I suppose. Good old retail therapy. (Yes, because it makes perfect sense to spend when facing a possible future reduction in dispensable income.) Hmm. Tell the rational part of my brain to shut up.

Ugh.

I'm so not looking forward to class...

Music: Raindrops
Mood: Annoyed
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment