Thursday, February 5, 2009

We all want to party when the funeral ends

Sometimes I am genuinely surprised by the stupidity of some people. I want to give them the benefit of the doubt, but sometimes...eh. I don't think about these things, it's just natural instinct for me to do it. Then other people come out epically struggling and I'm like "did you do this?" and they blink owlishly back at me, "oooooooh!" Yeah. Oh. I thought it was obvious. I don't know if it's stupidity really, or just being uninformed. Like I am with maths *shrugs* Maybe I'm just weird.

Anyway, in a case of let your fandom run wild and free, I got up early this morning so I could be ready to run out the door for work after watching the Torchwood season 3 trailer. It was released online simultaneously in the US and UK to correspond with the New York Comic Con. So there I was, 8 o'clock in the morning, car keys in hand, sitting in front of my laptop, waiting. Sometimes during moments like these I often question my grip on reality (but at least it was a respectable time - it wasn't getting up at 3am to stand in a line, so on the seismograph of my fandoms, this barely registers as a tremor). I am very grateful to whoever set up the BBC America website cause it's not region locked (unlike the BBC site, blah). So I was completely capable to watch it when it went live. It's always fun to think you are watching, or partaking in something at the same time as hundreds of other people...like lining up for the latest Harry Potter book, or going to a film release at some obscene time. There is some weird thrill in it. Although WHY I do this to myself, I don't know. I don't have the patience for this. I mean hell, it took every inch of self control I had not to skip forward and read the last few pages with last two HP books. My nerves are shot. I've seen the trailer, now my head wants to explode cause I simply cannot stand not knowing. Emotions oscillate wildly between glee and angst. And it doesn't help that I don't know when I will actually see the new season. Damn it. It is sort of sad however that one of the most intriguing things to me from the trailer is whether Jack's actually wearing "normal" clothes. (Also, is Ianto holding the hockey stick? Hahaha, god it's all relative in this crazy show).
Photobucket
I watched that little section (which lasts maybe two seconds) at least three times trying to figure out if it was actually Jack or not (still don't really know), before realising that I should really be going to work. "Sorry I'm late Doctor, it was a Torchwood related emergency."

Not that they are unfamiliar with my fandoms at work. I have taken time off to do stupid things for My Chem, TAI, and Panic (the latter is particularly memorable because it involved a lot of messaging and I was wearing two sets of clothing). I've been late to work because I had to buy tickets for one gig or another, and there's also that time I got up obscenely early to get 'Breaking Dawn' from the city Kino at 6am and was thus brain dead. Not to mention the fact that I hardly stray far from Jasper. If I accidentally leave him at work, I'm always back within the hour to pick him up. He makes it much easier to keep up to date while also keeping everything nice and neat.

I do all this because real life is hardly ever very exciting, and I have to make my own entertainment.

Case in point, at work right now and there's nothing to do. The other girl has already done all the cleaning, I've done all the accounts, and so now here I am trying to urge time to speed up with the power of thought alone. Needless to say really, I'm failing miserably.

Ugh. All I can do is sit here trying to force this angsty glee into a ball and stuff it somewhere in the back of my mind. I feel like I'm always anticipating something, I'm never free of it. I won't be surprised if I die prematurely of heart failure.

Off to the beach in little over two hours! That's something at least. It's going to be 39 apparantly, so I might spontenously combust. See how we go. Definitely going to be in the water though *grins* No idea in what state I'll eventually crawl home, or at what time even. Fun and games.

-- Edited 10:56pm

Music: The struggling rattle of the aircon
Mood: Bored, hot, and all with a nice helping of nervous energy
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment