Friday, February 13, 2009

I want to see movies of my dreams

Right, new layout should be working properly as long as all the elements stay in their place *narrows eyes at it* And it all came at the low, low cost of my eye-sight. I'm quite happy with it to be honest, it's quite clean cut. Except I suppose it might be an issue for some poor sod with dail-up. I might have gone a bit Ianto mad...deal with it. What's the good of OCD if it can't stretch to all aspects of my life? And pink for some reason. Not usually one for pink (only own about three pink things), but it just called to me yesterday. So yeah. Although I just realised I have a few 'Something Borrowed' dance caps...it sort of makes me cringe – I actually loathe that scene, which is probably why that’s one of my least watched episodes. For some reason it makes my chest ache, and the urge to throw something increases exponentially. But the lighting is gorgeous.

You'll have to excuse me. I've been waxing on about my 'wonderful' achievements all day. I was going to do a blog at work about the awesomeness of me (I know, sleep deprevation and near blindless leads to arrogance, who knew) but never published it. I was just very impressed with myself since we've been so busy the last two days, seeing almost double the patients we should and such, and I still managed to do all the work the others left me, completely clean/vaccuum/sterilize the surgery AND still read Stardust under the desk. Usually things are just stacked up when it's busy cause everyone's running around doing accounts, answering the phone, making photo copies and so on. But today I did all that and everything else. The desk was completely and utterly spotless and organised within an inch of its (nonexistent) life. So I felt a bit of boasting was in order. The job may not be hard, or life fulfilling, and it may bore me to tears 99% of the time, but I am so good at it. As far as filler part-time jobs while studying goes, I count myself very lucky.

See? Everyone look away while I swagger in my misplaced arrogance for a bit.

I clearly live a very exciting life.

I'll attempt to make that statement true tomorrow when I go out for our annual anti-Valentine's event. This year it involves seeing He's just not that into you and dinner. We are one down though since Em's boyfriend has returned and it's their first Valentine's and whatever, so that's understandable. I don't really get the big deal about Valentine's to be honest, it seems like so much effort for such little point. I'd much rather get spontaneous gifts instead of these occassions where it feels like an obligation. I have taken a shine to this random gift receiving as I've been getting presents for the last two weeks as belated christmas/birthday presents, and of course it just feels like I'm getting stuff for no reason. It's fantastic.

In other news, I'm freeeeezing. Far be it for me to complain though, but I can of course at least remark on the weather's completely bizarre behaviour. Last Friday it was sweltering and I was at the beach, today it's 18. I can't get my blanket cause Oreo has decided to, well, nest on it and she gives me this affronted look if I disturb her. Also, it now probably smells faintly like wet dog...so I'm sitting here shivering slightly as I am too lazy to get a jacket.

Gallifrey One this weekend. Just once I'd like to go to a proper geekfestconvention of some sort. I expect it's a lot like camp...except, you know, nerdier. It just seems like something to do at least once in your life. Well, for us of the slightly insane disposition anyway.

Ah well. Probably best if I stop this madness before my eyes start bleeding from prolonged screen-exposure (new condition, copyright me).

Music: Car - Brand New [cover]
Mood: Cold
Photobucket

2 comments: