Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Double postage

This is a facebook meme that's been doing the rounds but I've decided to copy Abs and post it here too. This is my home after all *rolls eyes*

[Tagging is obviously not relevant here]

Rules: Once you've been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose 25 people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you, it's because I want to know more about you.

1. I am an only child, so I can be completely self-involved and overdramatic at times.

2. I am known to act rashly on complete whims of fancy. It causes me to flap about on all manner of ill-advised fangirlish endeavours which more often than not raises questions regarding my sanity.

3. I am a slave to technology. I go through severe internet withdrawal and am very unhappy if I do not have a keyboard to bash at regularly. It’s cathartic. I’m also never far away from my sidekick (Jasper) or my iPod (Beckettoo).

4. Sometimes writing is the only thing that makes sense to me, I find reality to be quite disappointing most of the time.

5. I have obsessive compulsive tendencies (ties in with 2). When not pouring my energy into books, movies, or bands of dubious quality, I can be found happily residing in the Whoniverse as a proud member of the Innuendo Squad.

6. I am a perfectionist, which leads to quite a bit of stress and anxiety on my part. This has also resulted in the terrible habit of giving up on things I don’t take to straight away, as well as a frightening amount of folders on my laptop.

7. I am fairly certain I can eat my own body weight in chocolate. I would be more than happy to try anyway.

8. The phrase ”hopelessly addicted to caffeine” is definitely worth a mention. I walk two blocks in the opposite direction I am meant to be going in to buy quadruple shot Starbucks Venti Lattes purely for the size.

9. I am quite introverted. I struggle when meeting new people, and find awkward conversations to be the worst.thing.ever. However, if you do not take my anti-social aloofness as an insult (which it’s not, I promise, I just fail at this social business), I turn out ok.

10. I love travelling and I love flying. I have no issues with spending ridiculous amounts of hours on planes.

11. I think I have spent half my life at airports, waiting. I wish there was a way to actually calculate this.

12. I have trouble sleeping. Whether this is actual insomnia or just me telling myself that I’m wasting so much time by sleeping away the best part of the day, I don’t know. I wish I could actually be nocturnal. I only really feel awake after 4 in the afternoon and usually only get work done after 11. I’m also prone to sitting in the driveway in the middle of the night, just staring at the sky. It’s sad, I know.

13. I love going to gigs. I love the way you can’t think or focus on anything but the music, and how the bass line throbs through the floor and into your bones.

14. I love the rush of sharing a moment with a bunch of strangers. Whether its at a gig or attending a release of something, it’s a weird sort of thrill to feel connected to so many different people because you are all being crazy over something at the same time.

15. English is not my first language. I have a thing about languages though and really wish I could get around to learning some more.

16. I am a complete nerd. I have embraced it.

17. I have always had this weird feeling of outliving myself, which is probably why I have this fear of getting old. It’s depressing.

18. I am claustrophobic. Extremely claustrophobic. I also have apiphobia, which means I’m scared of bees. So I really don’t care if the bees are disappearing, and it makes perfect sense to me that the damn things are aliens [It’s a Doctor Who reference, ignore it].

19. I could very easily become a hermit. I love spending time on my own and happily retreat into my own little world. When I want to be left alone, and I’m disturbed, I will bite your head off.

20. With that in mind, I can be quite moody.

21. It takes me forever to let people into my life properly. I suspect I have trust issues.

22. I have a love/hate relationship with nature. While I love it in theory, I do not particularly relish any form of camping that requires me to “go into nature” if that somehow means to “go where there is no cell reception”. What is this, the time of Charlemange?

23. I hate talking on the phone. It’s not unusual for me to send over four hundred text messages in a month and only make one call.

24. I love doing research and just knowing things. Correspendingly, I am petrified of missing or forgetting things. This is probably why my desk is covered with post-it notes, notebooks and general scraps of paper…and why I have this tendency to ramble (as these answers clearly show).

25. Procrastinate! Procrastinate! Procrastinate! I often spend hours doing anything other than what I should be, like an essay for example. At some point I will realise that it’s past midnight and the essay is due in that day. I then get it done in the next two hours and spend a good few minutes berating myself for not just having gotten it over and done with from the start. Yet the cycle is doomed to repeat itself constantly. “Seven hours later, I still hand’t written a thing but I did win 70 out of 245 games of Spider Solitaire.”

C'est tout.


[[Sigh. I am unimpressed that Whoniverse Tuesday (spanning across ABC and UKTV all night) has been interrupted by my father and his infernal cricket watching. Luckily, I have finally actually gotten Who season 1 and 2 so I think I shall just have my own damn Whoniverse night...although Torchwood is on right now, 'Sleeper' *bounces* I dont know why I feel compelled to watch it when it's on tv when I have the damned dvds and have seen these episodes a bazillion times anyway. 'Sleeper' really is quite brilliant though - explosions, snarky Ianto, what more could you want from life....bah, no. Must resist! I have a life outside of this, I swears it, swears it on the precious...see, my inner Lord of the Rings fangirl is still always at the ready. Ok ok. I'll go find something healthy to do.]]

Music: Your protector - Fleet Foxes
Mood: Satisfied
Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Oh yay, I have been non-tagged. Or rather, I am also stuck for ideas and will use this rather handy framework to devise a new tasty bloggage treat.

    What language is your first language then? *finds this insanely interesting*

    "C'est tout."
    (I could have sworn it said "Trout")

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's Afrikaans. I was born and raised in South Africa, moved here just before I turned 14.

    [I always see "trout" too, which is a bit sad really]

    ReplyDelete
  3. My formatting is only good cos WordPress let's me number/bullet things like you can in MS word.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blogger has that function too. I just didnt use it :| Faaaaaaaaaaail lol

    ReplyDelete