Thursday, October 1, 2009

Well, if we're going to descend into anarchy...

Random thought of the day, I am so glad I never had any siblings. I may have turned out social awkward and emotionally closed-off, but at least I've avoided the minefield of sibling fights. I get into spats with my dad which is bad enough, but fighting the way siblings do...ugh no, so not for me. Petty jealousy, misunderstandings, miscommunication, close proximity with another individual far too close to my own age. It sounds like a nice special kind of hell to me. Though I know those with brothers and sisters would disagree with me and say that despite the disagreements (which are unavoidable I suppose when you're living with someone) they really wouldn't trade their sibling for the world and it's given them someone else to bond. I'm happy for you, really I am, but I'm also quite happy being a lonely only child that has only ever had to share out of my own volition (which I am quite happy in doing) and have always had my own space 99% of the time (which I am exceedingly not happy sharing or being disturbed.)

It's the drama, and the exhaustion it induces, that gets me. I fight with my dad about every three months I suppose, and it is usually built up from my snarky remarks and impatient eyerolls, it blows up into a huge argument that involves every trick of emotional and psychological warfare on both our parts, before promptly dissolving into three days of not talking to each other, until he seems to forget, I glower for another two days before finally getting some concession, whether for better or worse. I hold a grudge and I nurture my passive aggressive observations until I can no longer stand to keep quiet. I can't do the whole talk-argue-fight-cry-hug thing. I totally missed that class in girls school. One of the many I missed.

Anywho, speaking of my abnormality, arrived home from the library to find the first result of my internet shopping spree awaiting me, namely a t-shirt from ThinkGeek declaring "You never forget your first Doctor." I am a geek, and proud of it. My t-shirt collection shall stand as proof through the ages. I'm quite impressed it arrived so soon, well worth the shipping fee I was moaning about. Also Roze informed me my customized Torchwood laptop bag is ready. The girls are getting it for my birthday...have I mentioned that I love my friends? They really nurture my loser fangril side.

I barely slept last night but I'm feeling quite good actually. I had the productive day at the library finishing off my third draft (it's been sent off for editing...again. It never ends!) and did some reading research. At this rate, I may actually manage to compose a first draft exegesis by next week. I'm being naively optimistic, but what the hell, it's worth a shot.

The IT boys have hooked me up with the latest Merlin eps. That is tomorrow's silver lining after work, research and getting my hair done. Really, it's good being a geek.

Oreo is five years old today. I can't believe it. What did I do without the little furball in my life?

Anyway, the night awaits.

Fais de beaux rêves.

Music: Big Bang Theory: The Cushion Saturation
Mood: Rather mellow really, but it could just be the sleep deprivation talking.
Photobucket

1 comment: