Saturday, October 10, 2009

Someone's got the answers

But I'd rather think there's nothing to be found

One of my pet hates is being woken up in the morning and then, when I am less than enthused, being met with "It's 10 already!" When you got to sleep around 3, ten is not that late, hmmmk? I have been up at 7 (which my body still thinks is 6 thanks to it being the first week of daylight saving) and in the library pretty much all week. I am entitled to sleep until noon if I want to. For one thing I work better at night, so if I can rather get up late and stay up late, it works beautifully. I don't care if you think that's dysfunctional. My life, my rules.

Raaawr.

It appears Fall Out Boy are putting out a greatest hits album, I suppose it was inevitable with the taking-a-break-for-who-knows-how-long thing. Gah, to buy or not to buy. My compulsion to own a complete set of albums, is challenged by the fact that I have all the songs. That's why I didn't by the From Under The Cork tree deluxe edition either, cause why should I buy the same thing twice if I can download the supposed bonus song anyway? Sigh. I'm actually surprised how little effected I am by this "taking a break" business. I suppose because they seem fairly convinced they will play again together at some point. I don't know dudes. Fall Out Boy kind of characterized a very particular time in not only the industry, but youth culture. I think we should call it the emo movement. I'm fairly sure that ship is preparing to set sail. I doubt they will ever have success again the way they had now. To me that's not a bad thing. It means they'll no longer play over-sized venues and go back to playing grungy clubs and I can finally seem them play the way I've always wanted to.

It has come to my attention that Dolce & Gabbana have some rather gorgeous military jackets out. I couldn't actually find the one that caught my attention features in the ad campaign in the store, but here it is. Covet.

Photobucket

I have not really had a good day today. Meh says it all really.

When the dark flood came
We wrapped ourselves inside a dirty blanket
Citing different opinions
On whether we should move

Music: I can barely breathe - Manchester Orchestra
Mood: Meh
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment